4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap IPS monitor, 27 Sep 2011
I have been looking at IPS monitors for some time, only affordable are Asus PA238Q and this. I bought this monitor for about 203£ including shipping from the merchant at Amazon.
It is a great monitor for everyday use. It is an e-IPS panel, which today is the lowest quality IPS panel. Still, I find this not a problem, since other IPS panels are at least twice as much expensive.

Picture Quality
Monitor has 16.7m colours, they are solid and saturated. Contrast is good. Black levels are not the best, especially when viewing from angle. Watching from a very short distances (70cm and less), it is possible to see between white pixels and this damaged the quality of the colour (this happens only with a very light colour, mostly white). It is great for gaming, people who say that IPS is not for gaming are wrong. At the moment I use this monitor for gaming on PS3, but in the future I will work with graphics applications (Photoshop etc) and I am sure it will perform well.

Performance
There is no ghosting, or at least no visible ghosting. Monitor finds connection instantly, turns into energy saving/sleeping mode as soon as I turn off the computer. I no longer have to check if the chair is in the right place, so I can see picture from the right angle. Monitor does not offer as good viewing angles as other type IPS panels, but it is fairly good (far better than TN).

There are no issues with tint or dead pixels with my panel, people used to complain about older Ultrasharp monitors which had slight tint issues.

Look of the monitor
Monitor looks great. It comes with buttons, not touch nonsense which many manufacturers use. The stand is top quality: functional and stylish. I was surprised how good the stand is. I heared people complaining about Ultrasharp coating, and it is indeed a problem when looking at white images. For gaming and movies watching, it is not a problem. For working and browsing (looking the the static white (or light) view) it is. It is a matte surface, I would much rather use this than glossy MAC screens which are a nightmare to work in the lit environment.

Connectivity
I am sure you can read it in the description. My issue is that there is no HDMI, I had to buy HDMI-DVI cable in order to connect my PS3 to the monitor. Monitor support HDCP, it is pretty much a standart these days. Monitor also came with DVI-DVI, VGA-VGA and one USB-something cables, official description does not mention them.

Conclusion
I have surfed a lot about this monitor, sadly there is no decent review of it. Some user impressions on youtube, some articles about specs. I was surprised that even one month after the release of the monitor no-one wrote a decent review. If you are reading my review in order to find out about whether or not you should buy this monitor, believe me, you will not be disappointed. Monitor also comes with Dell 3 Year Next Day replacement warranty, this is a major thumbs up for any device.

Only cons:
Coating produces ''sparkles'' (reason for -1 star)
Black levels can be darker
No HDMI