3.0 out of 5 stars Great movies, shame about the box set, 4 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Dark Knight Trilogy [Blu-ray] [2005] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I loved all three movies, and I'm sure the blu rays are amazing to watch. But when I received the box set this morning I was really disappointed. For starters there was the random piece of paper stuck to the back which described each of the movies. I don't understand why it was there at all if it wasn't simply going to be the design for the back of the box, as having removed it; my box already has white spots where the glue has damaged it. the booklet of how the movies were made is a nice touch, but I thought it was very cheap to just put a piece of polystyrene in the box so that you could see it. it would have been easy to put an indent in the box so that the blu rays and booklet were the same level and I didn't have to take the blu rays out to get to the booklet. Then I actually opened the blu ray box. 2 out of 5 of the discs don't have a title on them. So it's not that easy to tell which disc is 'Batman Begins', and which disc is 'The Dark Knight'. All the other discs have 'The Dark Knight Rises', or 'The Dark Knight Special Features', and I find that inconsistency and lack of clarity extremely annoying. I realise I'm nit-picking and no one else is probably bothered, but when this came through my door this morning, I expected better.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Dec 2012 15:40:07 GMT
Mr. M Burton says:
The same thing happened to me. I removed the stupid sleeve from the box and it left white marks on it. It looks a mess now. Wasn't helped by the fact that the corners of the boxset were damaged in the post.

Posted on 4 Dec 2012 20:51:00 GMT
J. S. Nijjar says:
The movies are awesome, but the same thing is bugging me, why are the discs inconsistent in the first place? When I saw images of what the box set is meant to look like, you can make out writing on the discs which tells you what movie it is. I'm confused as to why they aren't all the same, it is a box set after all.

Posted on 8 Dec 2012 13:52:46 GMT
elliott says:
Completely agree. I'm not sure why they include the random piece of paper anyway, let alone stick it to the box so that it damages it when you take it off.

Posted on 8 Dec 2012 14:37:18 GMT
Courage1984 says:

Posted on 16 Dec 2012 18:45:55 GMT
yhh same left white marks but however i put some batman stcikers on them so it isnt that bad
cant ask too much for £25 tbh

Posted on 9 Jan 2013 09:25:54 GMT
Jon Freeman says:
I totally agree - I too couldn't believe the crappy bit of polystyrene!

The other point about this "fashion" to not make it clear in multi-disc box sets which disc is which is really annoying as we are all (most likely) kneeling in front of the telly in the semi-gloom trying to decide which disc is the film and which is the extras - multiply by 4 this one!

Posted on 16 Feb 2013 04:51:49 GMT
sameer says:

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Mar 2013 14:18:46 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Mar 2013 14:19:22 GMT
Bruce Wayne says:
picture quality is awesome for both the dark knight and dark knight rises , the same cannot be said for batman begins though.

Both the dark knight and the dark knight rises have variable aspect ratios ie the picture opens up to fill entire 16:9 Display during IMAX sequences (Dark knight rises has lots of them) and during other parts the aspect ratio switches to standard 2.35:1 (for portions shot with 35mm)(which are in majority)

Posted on 22 Apr 2013 11:06:56 BDT
Paul Scollon says:
Exact same happened me, I left review to that effect. I had to do major surgery on the box with a black marker and some tape, but it will never be right and a little voice inside me knows it. Why do boxes for boxsets not have much better quality at the price we pay? My Alien boxset is terribly scratched, my Superman boxest incredibly flimsy and as for the Jurassic Park boxset I bought? It looks like the raptors has a go at it before I got to it!

Posted on 27 Oct 2013 10:11:24 GMT
Purchased my boxed set back in January this year and have only just had time to play the last disc. I agree in the main with the canderrson1390 comments and would add that I at first thought that I had an foreign copy not for UK distribution and have still doubts about the set. The fact that the first two discs have no title, the second disc is titled on the Special Features only leaves me puzzled; even more puzzling is what happens when The Dark Knight Rises disc is played: the aspect ratio changes. It is supposed to be 16:9 but it switches back and forth between that and widescreen ratio! The boxed set packaging looks as though it has been cobbled together in haste as a quick marketing ploy with the final dressing being the filler packing for the booklet. Quality wise I have no comment other than it is good but no better than other blu-ray sets. I hope Amazon take note of this and other critical comments as this boxed set leaves some doubts in my mind as to its validity.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›