5.0 out of 5 stars The best smartphone, 8 Jun 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy SIII Smartphone (16GB, UK Sim Free Unlocked) - Pebble Blue (Electronics)
Previous S2 user, before upgrading to S3 I have tried HTC one X, Nokia Lumia 710, and Iphone 4S to make sure that Android is the best operation system and Samsung is the best android handset provider. Now I am sure that it is the best smartphone.

The only phone that you can actually compare with S3 is HTC One X, both of them are very nice phones. I am not going to explain everything here (you can find plenty of reviews and comparisons on-line) I chose S3 (I paid almost 75 more) mainly because of:

1.Better battery,

2.Better grip; Because both phones are relatively large, when you want to wake them up with one hand, on HTC it is almost difficult as you should press the top of the phone but on Samsung it is on the side of the phone and is hassle free (from my view). In addition to that the curves on Samsung make it to feel smaller in hand than its actual size.

3.From my experience generally S3 is faster on everyday use and I think (not sure) it is due to the fact that HTC sense is heavier than Touchwiz. On HTC if you check your task manager regularly you can see that usually about 70-80% of the ram is used but on Samsung it is usually 50-60%

4.I love the hardware home button on Samsung compared to touch home button on HTC.

5.In case you want to sell your phone in future, Samsung showed historically that it does not lose value as much as HTC does.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Jun 2012 13:27:56 BDT
Curtly says:
Did you have any colour fault or damage back on your peeble blue version?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jun 2012 13:52:29 BDT
Reza says:
No, I did not, however, although the phone was completely sealed and obviously brand new, the clear plastic film that was covering the phone was a little dusty.

Posted on 7 Jul 2012 11:14:33 BDT
Dom says:
The reason for the difference in RAM usage is that the HTC One X has 1GB Ram onboard, whereas the S3 has 2GB Ram, so actually according to your percentage, the HTC is more ram efficient, but obviously it still only has 20-30% to run your favorite games which isn't much at all

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jul 2012 17:45:47 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jul 2012 17:47:56 BDT
Reza says:
You are not completely right, International version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 (including the one they ship in UK) comes with 1GB ram on-board, you can check it Here:

Maybe you checked the US T mobile version of the S3 which comes with 2GB of ram and Dual-core 1.5 GHz CPU:

Posted on 25 Jul 2012 22:54:16 BDT
Gadget Guy says:
Hi does this phone use java?Cheers

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2012 10:26:47 BDT
Hi
If you mean running Java applications, you cannot run them straight away, you need a third party application. You can check here:

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Jul 2012 14:28:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Sep 2012 23:11:31 BDT
Gadget Guy says:
Many thanks.The idea behind my question was.So that i could allow active x scripts to run.So to view my cctv online Using the Phone ,as opposed to lugging my laptop around with me.

Posted on 9 Aug 2012 21:39:56 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 Aug 2012 21:41:54 BDT
MA BROWN says:
Great review and very fair.. I just wish I could aford one. I am usind the GS1 and still trying to convince myself I need to upgrade? I have seen fantastic deals on the GS2. I am a techno geek and have just had to remind myself every so often to not get on the techno hampster wheel. I guess if you need the best forget the rest go for Samsung or HTC forget the rest including APPL.

Great rewiew thanx Android..freedom

Posted on 17 Sep 2012 00:33:57 BDT
B. Gisvold says:
The main thing that I'm pleased about is that for once a reviewer hasn't sought to compare iPhone vs Android, instead you've labelled Android as the OS and not used the term as if it's a handset manufacturers. For this, I thank you :)

Although I personally love the iPhone and Apple products (the latter of which I've been using since 1990's), I really enjoyed your review. It's fair and posts your opinions very well.

Posted on 29 Sep 2012 23:04:47 BDT
S. M. Zaidi says:
fantastic review... i am the owner of htc one x and one thing that s3 is easily beaten by one x is its screen... s3s screen is not as bright as one x also has a blueish tinge..... thats the only reason i m still not getting s3 but strongly tempted to... whats your say on the screen quality of the two ?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›