1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong model supplied by BHM (i9190 rather than i9195), 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S4 mini i9195 Sim Free Smartphone - Black (Unlocked Phone)
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini black 8GB i9195 from BHM (Fulfilled by Amazon). When it arrived I realised it was the i9190 model, i.e. without 4G/LTE capability, and possibly not UK stock as it came with a two-pronged USB charger in the Samsung box, and a separate UK adaptor separately in the package. Amazon promptly arranged a refund and return collection, but couldn't do a replacement so now I have to reorder.

Sorry to be rating the phone itself 1 star, as I'm hoping once I eventually get one it will be great. I know people don't like product reviews that rate the service rather than the product, but on the other hand when Amazon keep chopping and changing who is actually selling the products they offer it's quite useful to know people's experiences with a particular item from a particular supplier.

I'm not impressed that Amazon are selling such a popular product through third parties. I didn't want to use TopT because previous reviews of this phone implied that they might not be shipping official UK stock. Then when I saw the supplier had changed to BHM, and fulfilled by Amazon no less, I was willing to pay 290 rather than TopT's 260 because they had 5-star seller feedback and I felt I had the extra reassurance of Amazon being more involved. Now that BHM are apparently out of the picture again I'm going to have to cross my fingers and order from TopT.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Feb 2014 00:18:41 GMT
Please do let me know how all the process went as i am also thinking of ordering a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini through TopT. Much appreciatted!

Posted on 9 Feb 2014 16:00:51 GMT
M Perr says:
I have had the exact same experience with ordering the Galaxy S4 mini from BHM (fulfilled by Amazon) the week before last. Amazon has promptly refunded the money and organised the return shipment, however it does leave me without a phone and reluctantly needing to place another order. Again, the seller is a 3rd party seller and the shipment is fulfilled by Amazon, which makes me wonder whether I will get the correct shipment this time.

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Mar 2014 00:19:36 GMT
Parkerlewis says:
My Galaxy S4 mini from Top T is not UK stock and will not connect to 4G. Both O2 and Samsung have attempted to update firmware but cannot fix.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Apr 2014 06:11:45 BDT
brez says:
i was going to order a new phone through amazon as the three types i looked at are approx 100.00 cheaper than o2s website, now i know why. i think i will pay the extra, that way i will get a decent uk version with a warranty, i suppose you get what you pay for and cant trust theese sellers with there bargains, thanks to all who have posted to let people like me know.

Posted on 3 May 2014 22:11:09 BDT
James says:
Tyrone, I have done exactly the same and bought my S4 Mini direct through o2. Should anything go wrong (perish the thought! ) at least there is security and you know yours is a genuine handset. After all this isn't pocket money we're talking here.

Posted on 30 May 2014 16:12:38 BDT
CPM says:
People will continue to buy items from third party sellers on Amazon, and then wonder why they get ripped off.

Most of these traders also have ebay seller accounts. And if you read there feedback on there, you'd know to stay well clear.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2014 17:27:07 BDT
James says:
I couldn't agree more. Either buy direct from Amazon or a proper phone shop - then you know what your buying.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›