1.0 out of 5 stars Mollie Makes Christmas, 4 Oct 2012
This review is from: Mollie Makes Christmas: Living and Loving a Handmade Christmas (Hardcover)
Please don't spend your money on this book. It has nothing of substance in it and there are no new ideas to work from. There isn't even anything you can take inspiration from to create your own version. Sorry, but I feel very let down by this book. A disappointment. I tried to give it zero stars, but this system wouldn't let me, hence one star.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 5 Oct 2012 13:10:03 BDT
Paintgranny says:
As a contributor to this book, I take great offence at the outrageous suggestion that there is nothing of substance - or new - in this book; I am a professional illustrator and designer and I take my reputation very seriously. This is a beautifully designed book and it is nonsense to imply that there is nothing to take inspiration from; I suspect that this is a purely malicious review as it really makes no sense whatsoever.

Posted on 6 Oct 2012 16:51:07 BDT
Dimity says:
Thank you for this review. I'd imagined that it may be poor as the magazine has become so. I won't be buying.

Posted on 9 Oct 2012 17:20:21 BDT
sarah berry says:
Thanks for the review - been looking forward to this book but suspected it might be full of recycled projects from the magazine, which I like but I have every issue already.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2012 01:37:11 BDT
A. Johanson says:
While I haven't seen the book yet, I can state for myself that I created two brand new projects for this title. It's my belief that all of the contributors did the same.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2012 20:19:24 BDT
MOLLYMOO says:
I have just received the book and i think its fab :) take no notice of the negative comments. Why dosen't this person come up with some better ideas then !!!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Oct 2012 13:29:52 BDT
Paintgranny says:
I and all the contributors were commissioned by the publishers to design new projects for this book. (I too have every issue of the magazine and none of the projects are in them). It's very insulting to the people who spent many days designing, making and photographing their projects for this book to suggest otherwise and is based on a false assumption.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›