1.0 out of 5 stars LEMMINGS ARE JUMPING OFF TOMTOM HQ!!, 28 Nov. 2013
This review is from: TOMTOM 1FA6.002.04 GO 600 EU IN - (SatNav GPS Devices) (Electronics)
I have not written a review in a long while, however this product is so bad compared to previous versions I had to comment.

It's not often that one sees a major company, indeed a major global corporation cut it's own throat so dramatically and publicly and then refuses to acknowledge it. That is what TomTom has done with these new Go 500/5000 and 600/6000 series, all the best user friendly features have been left out that made TomTom the best sat nav devices in the world.

No clock display! What a basic and important every day feature. Its the most accurate and convenient way to tell the time in the car.

No battery life display! I mean...really.

Sure they appear once a route is selected but what good is that for general driving.

There is a whole list of omissions which others have mentioned a lot more accurately and concisely on amazon reviews and on the TomTom forum so I will not repeat them.

Some recent updates have improved things but not nearly enough. Someone else wrote this device with all the lack of features should be a mid range model. I agree.

On a recent trip there were so many icons overlapping on the right of the screen, it was a complete mess. Awful.

I have now had my device for a couple of weeks, and every day I think about returning it, and after my call last night to TomTom customer service, I will.

I had connecting issues to My Drive, serial number recognition problem, amongst other things. I called and explained my problem to UK staff center (not Global who I find are always a lot more polite if nothing else) and NORMA K answered, I explained my problems with the device and lack of features compared to old models. Over the forty minute call she became more and more passive aggressive, defensive, talked over me constantly. I would ask a question and she would talk about something else. Finally I told her that I was really frustrated at her attitude at which point she...hung up on me. mm.

Thanks for losing another customer Norma K your rude behavior was the final catalyst, I am returning my device.

A person mentioned on a review to buy a new nexus 7 or the new asus fonepad and buy sygic app, does everything TomTom does and possibly more. World mapping for a quarter of the price of the Go 600.

TomTom invented the Rolls Royce of sat navs and then... made the metal more shiny but stripped out all the leather, walnut, tinted windows, deep wool carpets, A/C, etc.

They replace it with what?...Lino, leatherette, plastic, etc. And this is the way forward?

If there is no new ground breaking innovation then at the very least maintain, don not destroy. The user friendly features of the Go live 1005 EU HDT-M should have been incorporated and then new options built on top.

What senior management think they are doing at TomTom is beyond comprehension, whom ever signed off on this architecture should be fired. Instead they are pre-longing client misery and losing fan base.

"..but oh no this is a completely different product to previous devices".."yes, completely rubbish, the previous devices people wanted to buy in large numbers.

But if the stock is ok, then who cares in Amsterdam.

GARMIN your turn to shine.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Nov 2013 12:07:39 GMT
Hello S.Ahmed, thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am sorry to hear that you felt the need to return your GO 600 device and wish you well with whichever manufacturer you chose to move to.

There have indeed been numerous changes to the interface in this new series of devices when compared to previous models. Features that our customers most want to see re-instated are being worked into the interface on a rapid schedule based on the most requested points from customer feedback. This allows us to tailor these devices to what our customers actually want and minimizing the amount of unwanted and often unused content.

Regarding your comments about your contact with one of our support staff, if possible, please update me directly with the case reference number of your contact or the serial number of your GO 600 so that I can trace the case and investigate to ensure that we provide the best support possible to our customers.

Posted on 30 Jun 2014 08:51:29 BDT
Update: 06-27-14: Version 13.057
We are happy to announce our latest software update V. 13.057. Please connect your devices to MyDrive to get the latest features which include:
- Alternative route planning
After planning your route, select it to get a pop up menu button; open the menu and select Alternative route, then find Alternative route.
- Accent Colours
You can now customize the display of your device with different colour schemes.
- New map colours
You can change to new map colours with better contrast.
- Share changes to the map.
It is now possible to share changes to the map with the TomTom Map Share community.
You can read more on these and other changes here: http://bit.ly/VtrbFW.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.4 out of 5 stars (134 customer reviews)

Used & New from: £153.00