2.0 out of 5 stars Canon Pixma MG6250, 20 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Canon PIXMA MG6250 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Copy, Scan Wi-Fi and Auto Duplex) (Accessory)
I bought the Canon MG6250 to replace an Epson DX6000, which had given up the ghost after three years of good service and good quality prints.

I'm an amateur photographer and had seen good reviews for this product, as a photo printer, on this site and on consumer review sites, and had high expectations.

From the start the Canon printed a very warm image and the reds were overly saturated, to the extent of (for example) changing my grandsons hair from blond to ginger and giving him an overly rosy complexion.

I used a whole set of inks doing trial prints using Canons own photographic paper and trying various printer & paper profiles. I tried the Color Handling setting both in Photoshop and in the printer, but still had the overly warm results.

The only way that I was able to reduce this oversaturation was to apply a photo filter in Photoshop prior to printing.

The monochrome print quality was also disappointing with a slight sepia tint.

I might add that I keep my monitor calibrated for my photography, so that was not a contributory factor.

I really wanted to like this printer, having researched reviews for weeks before purchase, and would have tolerated the high ink usage in exchange for quality prints, but could not get acceptable results. A search on photographic forums found others who had exactly the same problem with this printer, which persuaded me that an exchange for the same make & model was not worth the risk.

Fortunately, having bought this through Amazon, I was able to return the printer as unsuitable and have replaced it with an Epson PX730WD, which is giving me excellent results. I'll stick with Epson in future.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Mar 2013 12:08:21 GMT
Redbarron says:
Sorry to hear of your problems. Perhaps you should have contacted Canon support before returning it. I have only had this printer myself a few days and am still on a learning curve, but so far I am really pleased with it. I did have to contact Canon support over a scanning issue which was very quickly resolved by their support team, which I might add I was very impressed with.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Mar 2013 15:17:51 GMT
C. Hardman says:
Hi Redbarron, Thats a fair comment. I didn't contact Canon support & perhaps they may have been able to help, although I did try all of the profile adjustments myself.
Too late now, I'm happy to be back with Epson.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›