5.0 out of 5 stars A sturdy friend for keyboards, 20 July 2009
This review is from: Duronic Black KS2B Height Adjustable High Quality Twin X Frame Keyboard Stand With A Quick Pull Release Mechanism and [[ ORIGINAL ]] Screw N Strap to secure keyboard to the stand + 2 Years FREE Warranty (Electronics)
I thought it was time to replace my present keyboard stand for something more tougher and durable.
Luckily I stumbled across the Duronic KS2 Keyboard stand.

After unpacking it was simple to set up, (none of those pesky screws). It has a quick latch release system, for stabilising the stand at the correct height. The four roller plastic grips held my Yamaha PSRE413 keyboard secure. Another added bonus for me was the secure "Screw N Straps" attached to the Duronic KS2.

They're excellent if your keyboard has screw holes underneath - both can be inserted and tightened giving you extra security. The stand was also surprisingly lightweight, making it very useful if you like to perform on the go.

On the whole a very ingenious, well made piece of equipment,
and for the price: you won't find anything better!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Nov 2010 07:47:09 GMT
Flo says:
bought this as a christmas present for my daughter the packaging was not very substantial so when it arrived i opened and set it up. It was very simple to set and and secures well to the keyboard it is light enough for a child to deal with but seems sturdy enough for the job. Once i had checked it over it was simple to repack. I am pleased with the item.

Posted on 24 May 2011 00:07:40 BDT
pussycat says:
The Duronic Black Height Adjustable High Quality K52 Twin X Frame Keyboard Stand selling for 29.99. I'd like to comment that on the strength of the positive reviews here I decided to buy this particular model. I had to pay for postage which brought the price up to 34.94. It arrived six days later. It was so easy to set up. It comes in one piece - two scissor-cross legs with a bolt in the centre on a wheel with holes for the bolt to slot into to lock the chosen height. All you need do is stand up the cross legs, pull outwards at the bolt from the wheel with one hand, lower the cross legs with the other hand to the required height (like one would with an ironing board), then let go of the bolt to spring into one of the holes in the wheel to lock the height in. Presto! All done! The two straps on the top bar of the stand can be screwed into the bottom of the keyboard (if the keyboard has the holes for them) to secure the keyboard to the stand. There is nothing to assemble.

To put the stand away, pull outwards at the bolt to free it from the hole in the wheel, lower the cross legs, then let go of the bolt which stops at the wheel plate for storage.

I was thoroughly satisfied with the stand which is good to look at, easy to raise and lower, and sturdy to lock in place. (Dee Balhatchet, Brighton, UK)

Posted on 3 Feb 2012 12:40:05 GMT
WendyB says:
Anyone out there using this stand with the Yamaha PSRE333 Portable Keyboard ?? I'm trying to find a stand that's compatible, fairly lightweight but sturdy/keeps the keyboard secure, and with good height adjustability, and wondered if this one would fit the PSRE333 OK ?

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jun 2012 21:27:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jun 2012 21:27:58 BDT
Jimbob036 says:
Hi, it fits my PSR-E423, which is pretty much the same size as the PSR-E333, so it should fit...

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Apr 2013 21:04:33 BDT
pyramidkidb says:
Hi WendyB, did you ever settle on a stand for your Yamaha PSRE333? Or are you still using your ironing board?! I've seen your post on some of the reviews on the PSRE333 page, and it looks as though you didn't get the information you were asking for there. I'm about to buy a PSRE333 myself and would love some guidance on which stand to choose, as this is my first keyboard. Plus, did you buy a stool as well? Best wishes :-)

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Apr 2013 21:46:19 BDT
WendyB says:
Hi Dave. Yes, I finally got the above stand a couple of weeks ago!! It's nice and lightweight, but sturdy. I've not used the securing straps yet as I'm still undecided which height setting I prefer (so having to be careful not to knock my PSRE333 off it) - there seems to be quite a big difference between the two settings I need to choose from... (I didn't get a stool as well, though I guess one of those would allow for more height adjustments and possibilities. However I like to be able to lean back in a chair, with back support.) I think the stand is a good product at a good price (25 incl p+p when I got it) but don't know how it compares with other similar stands... (Btw, if you do get this one, the setting up instruction leaflet is in teeny print and not v helpful - it tells you to unscrew a plastic knob to release a bolt - there was no plastic knob on mine... I did eventually find one, quite some time later, wedged right at the bottom of the packaging - then had to work out that I needed to undo and discard a nut, and then had to turn the bolt the other way round before it could be secured with the knob.... the thing is still standing, and now seems secure, anyway.) Good luck anyway - I think the PSRE333 is great - it has zillions of features that I don't use, but I needed a keyboard that was 'touch sensitive' for more expressive (I hope!) playing.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Apr 2013 21:51:53 BDT
WendyB says:
P.S. The spring referred to above by 'pussycat' was loose on mine, and disappeared into a hole in the hollow leg of the stand, while I was grappling with the set up. Hopefully these problems were just bad luck with the one I received.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Apr 2013 22:06:46 BDT
pyramidkidb says:
Thanks Wendy, I really appreciate your response, you're a star :-) I've since decided to go with the Yamaha L2C keyboard stand because even though it's more than I'd hoped to have to pay, the reviews on the whole are really favourable. I'm sure your playing will be very expressive, I admire anyone who even has a go at playing an instrument. This will be something I can share with my little god daughter as she gets older and of course I have to try and learn to play it myself first, hehe! Hope your stand suits you, yes it sounds as though you had a struggle getting it set up. Can you not shake the spring out of the leg or is it not possible to do that? Bugger, with any luck it won't be essential to your getting best use out of the thing. I'm going to try a dining chair before I decide if I need a piano stool instead. More expense, lol! Happy playing ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Apr 2013 22:19:10 BDT
WendyB says:
Cheers. I gave up on the darned spring, though may have another go at retrieving it sometime! I just saw for the first time a 3 star review by 'agsy', 26 Oct 2012 - which DIDN'T really recommend this stand for the PSRE333 - so you've probably made the right decision to go with the L2C. Enjoy your learning process and Good Luck!! (I'd played the piano to a reasonable level, age 9 - 14 ish - rather a long time ago - and have found I did OK, surprised myself even, getting back to it in my errr 'middle age'!)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›