5.0 out of 5 stars All you could ask for in a bluetooth keyboard with a case thrown in, 12 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Anker® TC960 Ultra-Slim Folio Bluetooth Keyboard Case for iPad 4 / 3 / 2 - Smart Case and Magnetically Detachable Keyboard (Tuxedo-black) (iPad Folio) (Personal Computers)
This is the third product I have used from this company and I have yet to be disappointed.
It is fair to say that if you are looking for style over substance then you should probably be looking at apple products, but if you want something that works without breaking the bank then this is ideal.

Inside the (recycleable) box is the keyboard, the case, and instruction book / returns booklet. If you are an environmently friendly type, you will be pleased that there is no unnecessary plastic pacakaging. They also include a micro USB charging cable. (This is different to the usual mini USB connector that you usually have with cameras)

The case itself is a very tough black plastic. It fits securely on my Ipad 3 and protects both the back and the screen. I'm not going to try it, but I would guess it would protect the Ipad from being dropped.I think it would also protect the Ipad when being carried in a suitcase or bag.

There are cutouts for all the controls including the camera. It is reasonably light - it weighs 325gm and is comfortable to hold. It has a little magnetic flap which folds over the front to stop the front cover from falling open by accident.

It works as a stand as well as a case, but as a stand, it balances rather than locks in to place. I tend to use the Ipad on my lap rather than as a TV so that didn't cause any difficulties.

The keyboard is extremely light, about 120gms. It is very easy to connect by bluetooth. You just press the connect button on the keyboard, a 4 digit number appears on the Ipad screen and you type that in. It paired in less than 5 seconds. The keys are responsive and although you probably wouldn't need the keyboard for a quick email, it is ideaal if you need to type a letter or long message.

The keyboard has all the usual buttons, some shortcut buttons for brightness, volume etc as well as the Apple OS option/command keys.

As an added extra it works perfectly with my Apple TV and is a lot easier than using the Apple TV on screen keyboard.

For me, it is important that the keyboard is detachable (magnetic). As I don't think I will take the keyboard out with, with the Ipad.

The only minor issue for me was that there doesn't seem to be a separate magnet built in to the case front flap, to make the Ipad sleep automatically. Also - I'm not sure about the description of "Synthetic leather" I would call it plastic. Overall though, these are minor niggles and I am very happy with the product.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Apr 2014 18:57:59 BDT
Mr Gumby says:
A glowing review but it looks like a US layout, to me, in particular with no £ key, in which case "All you could ask for " seems inappropriate. Or am I wrong, in which case I apologise?

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Apr 2014 19:17:51 BDT
Hi. You are correct it is a US keyboard although I find that I use both on different devices and changing between them doesn't particularly bother me. Hope my review didn't inconvenience you. Regards.

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Apr 2014 19:23:40 BDT
By the way - I'm typing on the keyboard now - if you type shift + the 3 key it types the £ symbol

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Apr 2014 20:03:22 BDT
Mr Gumby says:
Great. Thanks Mike. (And thanks for a very helpful review). I can live with the rest of the US layout, have had US laptop with UK desktop before now. It was just the £ symbol that mattered.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›