5.0 out of 5 stars Spooky!, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Ghost Hunters (Paperback)
The Ghost Hunters

This book must be read!
Being mainly about Borley Rectory, my girlfriend brought me this awesome novel as she knew I was interested in Borley and all that happened there. I have done many hours research on the place, with five visits there, all of which were strange to say the least. But I am certain that the supernatural exists there, parallel to this world.
This book gives a solid account of what might have happened there between the 1920's and 1940's. With interesting characters, some of which are real, you are transformed into the heart of the action, which is a thrilling and sometimes scary read with superb description and depth.
I thoroughly enjoyed it, and can honestly say that it is the best novel I have ever read! I could not sleep, thinking about the story, wanting to read on, the girlfriend regretted buying it as she could not sleep for my bedside lamp being on all night!
I have read the other reviews and I know this one isnt very well written, without many long words and terrible grammar, but it is the truth. I have never done a review before, but I honestly loved this book, I HIGHLY recommend it.
Thanks for reading my first, I am no longer a review virgin. BUY THIS BOOK!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Dec 2013 09:56:37 GMT
Soairse says:
Your enthusiastic review of 'The Ghost Hunters' was a pleasure to read. I enjoyed the book too.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Dec 2013 14:42:11 GMT
mattycambs says:
Thank you very much, I looked at the other review's and to be honest, was terrified about writing mine! So I thought "sod it" and just wrote it in my own style.
And it was a fantastic book!
Thank you once again.
Matt.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2013 09:45:32 GMT
You have visited Borley Rectory? ? I didn't think it was there any more?? Burnt down years ago, did you visit the grounds? I looked on Google earth and can't see anything that shows where the building was or should be?

Posted on 13 Feb 2014 10:13:25 GMT
nicky says:
Well your virgin review was good enough for me to buy the book.

Posted on 19 Aug 2014 10:57:50 BDT
Lucinda says:
Great review for a newbie so much so I'm reading it now because of your review. It's always good to write

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Aug 2014 15:09:03 BDT
mattycambs says:
Hello, sorry I have took so long to reply to your questions, I have visited Borley three times, but not the Rectory as nothing remains due to the fire and demolition, I should have made that clearer, sorry. The grounds are now part of a private garden. I do not advise visiting Borley itself, it is not sign-posted, and very hard to find. Badly behaved groups have caused much upset to the few residents of Borley, and with the Rectory long gone, it is best to stay away, as the police are usually called to move visitors on. Thank you for commenting on my review, you will enjoy the book I promise.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.2 out of 5 stars (211 customer reviews)

7.99 5.59