Handy..an essential for engineers/students/draftsmen or drawing enthusiasts,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Professional Geometry Set Square Drawing Drafting Triangle 325mm with removable Grip (Office Product)
I've been using the "aristo" for more than 15years, and I haven't stopped using it ever since!
It is the all-in-one solution. gets the job done, replaced set-squares, protractors and -to an extent- scales.
I'm not here to explain its function, rather the product itself, so I'll cut to the chase.
- Size is very good (325mm on the hypotenuse) so you can easily work on A3 size.
- Thickness is ok too, not too thin to flex and lose shape, yet not too thick or hard.
- Edges are ok, so far haven't chipped (if you're used to these, you'll know what I'm talking about)
- Markers and paint so far is ok, haven't faded.
- Grip is detachable, HOWEVER, mine was a bad fit and because the openings don't have filleted corners, which resulted in small cracks at the corners that luckily haven't propagated more than 5mm, and it's now stable (i.e. not growing), but this is the reason I'm taking one star off.
- I'm not entirely happy with the price and I think it's quite expensive, but with the lack of manufacturers, you can expect some exaggeration!
- My review is based on all the aristos I've used since 1998 (mainly Rotring).
Hope this helps.