5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 3 Oct 2010
This review is from: Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display (Electronics)
I've had the Kindle for less than a week so this review is based on the short time I've had to play with it.

Pros:

1. The screen. Really nice and comfortable to read. I've read for an hour at a time and it doesn't make your eyes tired. To me, it's as good as reading a book. Very little reflection on the screen.
2. The pages turn really quickly on this version so you don't feel like you're waiting to read the next page.
3. It remembers the page you were last on for all your books.
4. Your purchases are backed up online.
5. It' weighs next to nothing and is really comfortable to hold.
6. The battery lasts for ages.
7. Buying books is really easy. You can either buy from the kindle or buy on a PC and next time you open your kindle, they'll be there.

Cons:

1. When you first see it, the screen looks a little small so you do have to turn the pages a bit more than with a book. The whole device is about the size of a standard paperback so the screen is about 3/4 of that. Hasn't really been a problem though.

2. The next and previous buttons are in a strange layout. I would expect the next page button on the right and the previous on the left. Instead you get a next on each side and a previous above it on each side. Not a huge deal but I keep skipping forward when I mean to go back.

3. It doesn't come with a case or cover so you'll need to buy one to protect it.

4. The web browser is rubbish but then that's not the point of the device.

5. As far as I can tell, you can't share books between devices unless they're registered to the same account. Obvious why they'e done that but you can share a paperback.

Overall,

I think I'll read more now as I can take it anywhere and dip into whatever book I'm in the mood for. I really like it and it's 100 times better than an iPad for reading books. That's pretty much all it does, but it does it very well.

You can play MP3's on it too but I haven't tried that yet. Handy if you don't want to carry and iPod (other MP3 players are available) around as well e.g going to the beach etc.

Finally, I like the fact I can read what I like on the train and no-one knows what I'm reading!

[Add comment]