5 of 8 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Inversion (PS3) (Video Game)
Inversion had the potential to be a top-notch and very unique third-person shooter, HAD being the important word there, heres why:
- Unique gravity gameplay offers a new choice of how to play by changing the environment, turning walls into floors, dropping tings on enemies etc.
- Pretty original story line
- The story tries to be emotional but I found myself not caring about the story at all.
- The gravity features are quite good but overshadowed by games that execute the system better such as the stasis abilities from Dead Space
- Graphics are nice but frame-rate issues plague the game (although this has been found on many new PS3 titles so maybe the console needs an update?)
- Too many cut-scenes. Every 2-5 minutes of gameplay is taken over by cinematics that's after a while just get skipped because it's a game, I want to play not watch
Overall I couldn't get into inversion. It had potential but at it's core is just another mediocre third-person shooter and many others exist that are 100x better than this. Not bad for the £5 I paid but I didn't even finish the story and had no desire to.