5.0 out of 5 stars Assimilation Volume 2, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation 2 Volume 2 (Star Trek/Doctor Who) (Paperback)
This is the second part of the Assimilation story which features a cross-over with Star Trek Next Generation and Doctor Who (the eleventh Doctor with Amy and Rory). In this second part of the story, the Federation and the Doctor must try to stop both the Cybermen and the Borg from their master plans. But must Jean-Luc Picard make an alliance with his most hated enemies in an attempt to achieve peace?

Like the first volume of this story, this is great stuff - Star Trek, Doctor Who, the Borg AND the Cybermen all in one story!? How could you go wrong? Well, you can't go wrong, because this is fantastic - a great story, great artwork. The artwork is so good you can really catch the expressions on individual's faces and they are spot-on to the actors in the tv series ST:TNG. The characters and their reactions and dialogue are really well captured, and the `fusion' of ST:TNG with Doctor Who has been really cleverly and empathetically handled. Brilliant; definitely recommended.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Nov 2013 20:35:18 GMT
Timelord-007 says:
Great review of product.

No reviews today had radiator leak at 12 am soaked part of carpet so my day been using a carpet Cleaner thats cleaned & dryed carpet.

As i suffer OCD & had couple breakdowns this can cause me mental distress but my treatments & coping strategies helping thanks too psychology therapist.

To quote Alf Stewart "Stone the flaming crows".

I hoe you get see A adventure in time & space, Maybe You Tube will have it? After Thursday night here.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2013 01:01:30 GMT
Keen Reader says:
Thanks timelord007.
Oh, that's a bumma; glad to see it didn't get you down though - sounds like you coped very well with the situation. I saw your review the other day of the book about strategies with the OCD - kudos to you for being able to clarify your own situation for yourself - I don't know and wouldn't presume to know, but I guess that would help with being able to deal, being able to acknowledge, quantify and deal with.

Ha, do you watch Home and Away? That's funny - good Australian slang there.
I hope I get to see it too - good idea, will keep an eye on Youtube after Thursday UK time.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2013 01:39:14 GMT
Timelord-007 says:
Massive Home & Away fan i want to be a braxton River Boy lol, Yeah the book was advised by my psychologist help me when i dont have sessions with her.

I used hide my illness but know try i accept it's part of me & looking for solutions as been in my life far too long since i was 12 when i endured the worst thing that can happen to someone at 12 which triggered this paralyzing illness of Depression & severe OCD.

At 38 im just starting to understand myself better so by reviewing it's a way of thearpy distracting my mind.

Great review & tempted buy these too graphic novels now.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2013 19:34:08 GMT
Keen Reader says:
Really, I didn't know it was big in the UK. It's very popular here.

I think part of dealing with any rough situation is having a deeper understanding of who you are in and of yourself first; then you know how to get back to where you need to be internally and individually. I'm glad you are finding the therapy helps; best wishes with that from me.

Thanks for the positive feedback; I was really pleasantly surprised by these two volumes - some of the facial expressions and characterstics in the artwork made me laugh out loud, they were so perfectly done. I did think it was very good, and the storyline does not jar at all, from someone who has a long-term interest in both Star Trek and Doctor Who it really did not feel out of place at all.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›