ARRAY(0xa712c660)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - What a read...... Awesome...! !, 2 Sep 2008
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Apache (Hardcover)
Having only retired from the British Army in Jan 2008 the author has already produced this awesome book. I'm not going to review the "plot" as that information is readily available elsewhere on this page. The book is a totally unputdownable true story, focusing on the rescue of a captured lone marine. You are put into the heart of the action, feel the adrenaline and what must have been terror at what really goes on out there. definatley an eye-opener in terms of giving you a taste of life on this particualr front line, and not the carefully edited version we are all fed by the BBC and Sky news....

Illustrated with detailed diagrams and a good selection of photographs I finished this book the same day - which I hate doing as I always feel I haven't had my money's worth !! But without a doubt - it will be being read again....

I really can't recommend this book highly enough. If you want a damned good thrilling factual read then this is for you.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Sep 2008 11:28:07 BDT
Ed Macy says:
Ian. Thank you for your kind review and I'm extremely pleased you enjoyed the book. It seems to have struck the correct note with you and I hope it will bring to the forefront of peoples minds exactly what Attack Pilots do. As the first person to review my book on Amazon I would like to offer you a free personalised copy of APACHE. If you log onto my website `www edmacy com' and get in touch I will sign a copy and send it to you straight away.
Many thanks

[Deleted by the author on 19 Oct 2009 15:25:32 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 9 Oct 2008 09:26:58 BDT
Last edited by the author on 9 Oct 2008 09:27:36 BDT
Ian Wantling says:
Being the author of the first Amazon review, I was contacted by Ed Macy - see his comment in this post. He offered me a free personalised copy of his book - which I greatfully accepted. One month and three requests later I have received neither the book nor any reply to my messages sent on the Ed Macy website. Extremely disappointing.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2008 15:57:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Oct 2008 16:47:42 BDT
Ian
We are experiencing problems with the web server and messages are not getting through. My sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. I can assure you I haven't received your messages and we're doing our best to rectify this. Your book is safe and ready for posting.
Once again I'm very sorry for the teething problems with the new site and your personalised copy will be posted as soon as I get your details.
regards

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Oct 2008 17:08:41 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Oct 2008 17:11:08 BDT
Ian
Thank you for highlighting the problem with my website. The web designers have been working on it non-stop since you brought this to my attention. They had no idea a link was broken. I'm assured the missing link is now repaired. Please try again and I will get the book out to you straight away. My apologies again and thank you for being patient with this inconvenient problem.

All,
If anyone hasn't received a personal reply from me after submitting a review, please try again and I will get back to you. My sincerest apologies for this teething problem.

Ed Macy

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2008 11:53:34 BDT
Ian Wantling says:
Thanks for replying, and my regrets at having to publish the report above. Is there another way I can contact you other than your website ?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Oct 2008 19:20:02 BDT
Hi Ian,

For security reasons I can't give out any details over this media and I can only hope you can appreciate why. We have people watching the website periodically to receive your contact details. Thanks again for being patient and I look forward to greeting you.

Best

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Oct 2008 10:00:26 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 14 Oct 2008 13:24:02 BDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.8 out of 5 stars (157 customer reviews)

Used & New from: 0.01
Add to wishlist
Reviewer

Location: The North West.

Top Reviewer Ranking: 156