5.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful or You May Just Lose Your Heart To This Amazing Debut Novel, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Falling to Pieces (Kindle Edition)
I honestly don't know where to start with this review, how to get the words from my mind to my fingers to the screen. It would take a whole novel to really tell you why I enjoyed this book so much, but I'll try to keep it short and sweet, and of course, non-spoilery!

I haven't read a book about vampires in so long that I couldn't honestly name you the last one I read. There was a time when vampires were all I read and I devoured so many books about them, but in recent times, it seems I cannot find one that intrigues me enough for me to pick it up. Sure, I still have unread vampire books on my Kindle, but when I come to choosing what to read, they are never at the top of the pile.
All that changed when I saw Falling To Pieces. I don't know what came over me but I felt this intense desire, this deep need to read this book. And let me tell you, I am extremely glad I did. LT Kelly has this way of drawing you in and not letting you go, it's like she has the ability to cloud your mind so that all you see is her story and her characters become these real, tangible people that are there for you to discover and have fun while you do it.
Does that sound silly to you? Maybe it does, but all I can tell you is for two days this book consumed me and I wouldn't have had it any other way. The character building was phenomenal. The world building was unquestionably imaginative and unique. The passion with which LT Kelly writes is what really sucks you in though. You can feel her love for and bond with each and every character, both good and bad.
Teagan is a wonderful young vampire, living with her maker, Thomas. She does everything she is told without question. That is, until the night they arrive from America. They've moved to England and Teagan needs to feed. Whilst in search of something to snack on, she finds herself lusting after something else, a smell so intoxicating, she begins to feel desire for the first time in her vampire life - one-hundred and fifty years. Teagan cannot fathom the pooling of desire she is feeling and doesn't know what to do about it - she isn't even sure of exactly what it is she is feeling, so how does she satiate her desire?

Marc is a mystery. He's an enigma. Charismatic, devilishly handsome and of course, smells so intoxicating. He's desirable on all levels. Only, there's something that Teagan can't put her finger on, something 'other' about him. But he's not a vampire, she'd know if he was.

With how drawn she has become to Marc, will she find out 'what' he is and if she does, will it have an impact on the future of their relationship? Is what she feels for him too good to be true? Could it just be blood-lust?
How will their respective families feel about the unexpected union of the two? What will the fallout be? Can Teagan and Marc survive all that is to come their way?
There are so many questions here, and yet I cannot give you the answers you seek. Instead you must dive into the world of Teagan and Marc, using your heart to guide you.

Beautifully written, intricately woven with intrigue, desire, love, lust, guilt, hurt and betrayal, Falling To Pieces is an emotion-coaster that once you get off, you are left feeling the desire to go through it all over again just to be near the ones you have come to love. How LT Kelly managed to make me feel such powerful emotions over this, I will never know. I swooned over Marc. I felt stabbed in the back on Teagan's behalf. I wanted so much to hurt Gabriella, not to mention others along the way. My feelings were so up and down. One minute I was happy, the next, I was plummeted so low that I was crying over my Kindle. This is definitely going straight to the top of two piles, one is my 'to-be-read-again' and the other is 'most favourite'.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]