5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Sleep/Wake and Stand Functions, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" Standing Leather Origami Case (will only fit All-New Kindle Fire HDX 7"), Blue (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I first got my new Kindle Fire HDX, I just bought a cheap cover for it but I really regretted that decision because it not only did not look very nice but it did not have a stand nor the ability to wake up the Kindle on opening the cover. So when I got the chance to review this one, I was very keen.

I wasn't sure if I would really like the design since it does look a bit modern and I normally prefer more traditional looking leather covers. But it looks smart and the style has grown on me over time. It certainly looks very smart and I'm glad I choose the blue which is a nice navy colour and won't get dirty too fast.

The Kindle just sits in snugly. Very easy to insert and it seems like it is magically held in place though I think it is magnets. The buttons for the on/off and volume are easily accessed still at the back.

I love the sleep/wake functionality which means that if I have left the Kindle powered on, it will wake up the screen when I open the cover or send the screen to sleep when I close it. This helps to save on the amount of times you need to charge the device and it also means I don't need to press any buttons. It's a smart feature.

The other great thing is the stand. Once I realised how to fold the case (there are instructions) it became very easy to do this technique which makes a very robust stand for propping your Kindle up in either a horizontal or a vertical mode. The stand on this cover is the best cover stand I've had on a tablet since other ones I've had have not been all that secure especially on our kitchen worktop which is very smooth. This one actually stays put.

If there is one niggle or flaw with the design, it's the feel of the front cover which due to the very ingenious origami style design does feel a little floppy when you open it. You get used to this but it's the one little trade off for an otherwise excellent case. I'm really happy with it and wouldn't think of swapping it now I have one.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]