27 of 30 people found the following review helpful
By A Customer
This review is from: Fallen (Audio CD)
Evanescence has been, until recently, hiding in the shadows. They have three other albums, Evanescence EP, Sound Asleep/Whisper EP, and Origin. These albums were considered rough, and very few copies of the first two albums were made.
Fallen, however, is perfect. Amy Lee's voice is probably the most stunning voice you will ever hear, along with Miss Aguilera's in my opinion. Here are some reviews of each song on Fallen.
1. Going Under: A brilliant start to the album. The song goes straight into Amy's voice, with a guitar behind it. From what I remember, Going Under is about coming out of a bad relationship. This is the second single from the album.
2. Bring Me to Life: Way overplayed. The first single is one that should be remembered as Evanescence's rise to fame. Also used in the Daredevil soundtrack.
3. Everybody's Fool: A cool song, with brilliant lyrics. This song is the most recent single from Evanescence, and is about pop stars, and how they're plastic models.
4. My Immortal: Also overplayed. My Immortal is a beautiful piano ballad, which sounds better than the original one. If you have seen or heard My Immortal on the radio or the music channels, you will surprised to see there are no guitars. This is strictly a piano/strings piece (and vocals)
5. Haunted: True to its name, Haunted sounds haunting, and is probably one of the more gothic songs on the album. This is one of the best in my opinion. The guitars just make it Haunted
6. Tourniquet: Suicide written from a Christian's point of view. May creep a few people out with the lyrics 'I want to DIE!' But it's suicide. Again, Amy's voice makes this song bril!
7. Imaginary: Amazing lyrics. It's amazing how much this song has changed since it was first heard on Evanescence EP as a beautiful slow song. This starts from Tourniquet, and is simply beautiful. It sounds so dream like.
8. Taking Over Me: Starts with a piano, and is then joined by guitars. Taking Over Me is a song about love. The story is self-explanatory: the girl (I won't say Amy) is in love with someone, but they barely even notice her. Eventually, this person takes over the girl in her mind. Lovely.
9. Hello: Another piano ballad, Hello is a song about Amy's little sister. I won't go to into the story out of respect for Amy's family, but it is about death from a child's point of view. You must hear this. Amy's voice sounds haunting with the piano playing a sad tune behind her.
10. My Last Breath: How many good songs are there on this album? Plenty, but we're not talking about that. My Last Breath is, in my opinion, about death, and trying to talk to a loved one. Amy's voice makes this song amazing, as are the guitars. The lyrics are stunning. "I know you here me, I can taste it in your tears."
11 Whisper: My personal favourite, Whisper wastes no time in slamming into the guitars. I beat can always be heard. The Millennium Choir has been used in several occasions in this song, whether just humming, or singing the strong words of 'Servatis a Periculum, Servatis a Maleficum.' This translates into save us from danger, save us from evil. A must listen to.
I rate this album 100/100