5.0 out of 5 stars Great scales!, 3 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Salter 1036 Slim Design Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale - Black (Kitchen & Home)
I bought these scales as a replacement for my old Swan digital scales and it has been a superb purchase.

I use scales mainly for bread making and it is very accurate and sensitive to to even the smallest additions.Handy to put the breadmaker bowl on the scales and zero it between additions.

I was a bit doubtful about how it could measure liquids (ml) so used an accurate jug to pour liquids into the breadmaker bowl but the scales were spot on so now all the measurements are done by the scales apart from teaspoons of yeast and even 1 was registered on the scale!

One SLIGHT critisism is that the indicators of what mode you are in ie, grammes. ounces, ml etc are rather small for MY eyesight but the readout is great.

Another critisism is that it is now cheaper since I bought it!!!!

All in all a great machine and a fantastic price too with a 15 year guarantee.

How often do you see that nowadays!!!

March 2011.
After more than 2 years of use it is still fantastic and I think it is still the same battery!
I do a lot on ebay and need accurate scales for postage and they always have the same reading as on the Post Office scales.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Dec 2011 19:40:40 GMT
KLF Fitton says:
Thank you for coming back to re-review this years after purchase, it really helps people when coming to choose something to know that it will last for years!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Dec 2011 20:13:12 GMT
B. Spiller says:
Thanks for that.
We still use it almost daily but I have changed the battery now!
Still as good as new and just as accurate.

Posted on 21 Feb 2012 15:15:38 GMT
A. Parkes says:
i'm thinking of buying these scales purely for use with ebay, can these scales weigh small packages or how sensitive are these scales?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Mar 2012 06:18:19 GMT
B. Spiller says:
They are VERY sensitive.
I once found a difference between my reading and the local post office but found that the P/O scales were the ones that were out when I checked at another P/O!!!
Perfect for EBay.

Posted on 13 Mar 2012 09:02:42 GMT
Tim H says:
I've also had these same scales for 2-3 years and on the same battery. They really are a quality product.

Posted on 16 Dec 2012 12:02:25 GMT
Krasauskas says:
I agree with all this - but I don't need to go to the post office as I use the scales and the royal mail online postage - then I can print out the labels in my house and just stick them on! I Recommend this!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (1,375 customer reviews)
 (1,010)