5.0 out of 5 stars 40D or 450D, 10 Jun. 2008
I have had a Canon 30D for about 18 months and found it to be a great camera. I had decided to up-grade to a 40D but with the new 450D having a similar speck, also with Live View and with 12.2 mega pixles compared to the 40Ds 10.2! So I decided on the 450D.
I made the right decision, this is a fantastic Camera with teriffic picture quality and makes the 30D look old and soft in comparrison. I could go on about how great his camera is only to say I am delighted with it and has much better battery life than the 30D even with using Live View. and the only down side is the 18-55 lens compromises picture quality somewhat. An up-grade to the Sigma 18-50 DC-EX will make all the difference if you want top quality pictures that this Camera can produce.
If you have a compact or an older DSLR the 450D would be a priority choice.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Oct 2008 08:43:05 GMT
just bought the Canon EOS 1000d over the 450D 3 days ago.! haven't stopped playing and experimenting with all the features the 350d and 400d don't have. ie "Live View" + "Optical Image Stabilization" + "full 3fps until SD card runs out" + "new canon software" + "Newer Stonger Battery" - yes its missing a piece of rubber from the grip, however I plan on buying a large battery grip which will make the camera feel heavier, and holding it will be much improved. I only payed £339.00 Delivered complete with 18-55mm Kit I.S Lens.!

If I had the spare cash, I certainly would have gone for the Canon 450D to get the 12mp CMOS sensor and 3inch LCD screen on the rear, as oppossed to the 2.5 inch LCD with 10mp CMOS sensor EOS 1000D, however both cameras are similar in looks, style and appearence. - Thanx for the valueable TIP to - up-grade to the Sigma 18-50 DC-EX (when I get a moment I will buy it). However, I must say Im very happy with the images the canon I.S 18-55mm Kit lens produces, not too sharp nor too soft.

Then again I'm only an amature albeit an enthusiastic one. here on amazon you can buy a wonderful Canon EOS 50mm/F1.8 Ef Lens (Mk11) for £62 quid and it must have over (45) user 5 star reviews. (So thats on my list to get too.)

Now go back 2-3 years what would I have paid for this technology anyone wanna guess.!?? - how much did the Canon 8mp eos 350d retail for when launched without all these features? I also own a Pentax K100D + Nikon D40X and now the Canon EOS 1000D all with Kit lens. Im no pro, just a budding enthusiast.! - you can easily pay £500+ these days for a decent f1.4 or f2.8 USM I.S Canon LENS, so when I watched the EOS 1000D drop from £499.00 at launch down to £339.00 with FREE Optical Image Stabilized 18-55mm KIT Lens, a few days ago With FREE Next Day Delivery with Amazon "Prime"...

The Canon 450D launched just recently to for a Jessops Retail £599.00 - now available here on amazon under £450 what a fantastic deal.!! (Consider Live View with 3inch LCD + 12mp Cmos, 3.5 Fps, 18-55mm I.S Lens, Well built Sturdy construction). nuff said

Good-Luck, to all who decide to BUY Either the EOS 450D or EOS 1000D 8) you wont be dissapointed.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Dec 2008 16:01:51 GMT
Chris Ray says:
I'm thankful your very happy with the Canon!!! But have to ask, why did you buy another DSLR with similar spec to your Pentax and Nikon?

Regarding the Canon is there any vibration reduction lenses or canons own technology, that have decent ranges from 15mm upwards to 200/300mm ..I'm quite surprised that I haven't found a long'ish range lens from Canon yet! Nikon do the 18-200mm VR lens and I would just like to know whether Canon or Sigma do a similar lens for the Canon DSLR's......as I'm split to buy a Nikon D60 with the 18-200mm VR lens OR a Canon 450D with a similar lens kit.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Jan 2009 13:05:28 GMT
Hi Chris, take a look at Canon.co.uk. If you click on the Products and Solutions link at the top, and then EF lenses, all the lenses are listed in order of minimum focal length. It would appear that most of the Canon zoom lenses with image stabilisation are USM lenses and are very expensive, but you will probably find what you are looking for if you have the budget.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›