5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cartridges, 24 July 2012
This review is from: Waterman Large Size Ink Cartridges 8 Pack - Serenity Blue (Office Product)
I'm no fountain pen/ink expert, but I think these are wonderful cartridges. I recently rediscovered a fountain pen I'd been given as a gift a few years ago, and decided to start using it again since I much prefer the way my writing looks when I use one.

I ran out and bought the first ink cartridges I found; some cheap, short ones that seemed to be intended for children to use. When I started writing with them, my writing looked lovely - until the ink started smearing everywhere. Try as I might, I simply could not get it to dry. Even if I left my notebook open for 10 minutes, as soon as I closed it the ink would blot and smudge, and the whole thing was a horrible mess.

So I did some research and saw Waterman highly recommended. I went with these and as soon as I tried them (once I'd run through the ink leftover from the old cartridges) I couldn't believe the difference. I write, leave the ink for about 5-10 seconds, and then I can actually rub my finger across the writing without it smudging at all. And this is on fairly poor-quality paper too.

The best I'd been hoping for was 'slightly less smudgy' than my awful cheap cartridges, but this has far exceeded my expectations! And even though it's fast-drying, the ink still flows beautifully. It glides out of the pen and looks 'wet' for a few seconds before it dries, although of course this will vary depending on what paper you're using.

I'm a huge Filofax fan but had given up on using a fountain pen in mine, since Filofax paper and fountain pen ink never really seemed to mix. However, having tried the Waterman ink on my Filofax paper I'm amazed to say that it dries super-fast on there too. I'm now itching to order another fountain pen to keep in my Filofax's pen loop, and I'll be filling that with Waterman ink too.

The colour is lovely too - a nice, bright blue which looks attractive while still being sensible enough for office/school use. I can't wait to try out some of Waterman's other colours too!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]