1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Best family calendar out there - been using it for 4 years now,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: 2013 Amy Knapp's Big Grid Family Wall Calendar: The Essential Organization and Communication Tool for the Entire Family (Calendar)
Well it is that time of the year again when I am thinking ahead to the new calendar and having read all the reviews can only echo how good this calendar is.
We are a family of 5 and I have been using this for 4 years now. I have now perfected using it to a fine art for our use. There is plenty of space for everything so I am not sure why some people would prefer to use those column calendars with one tiny line per person per day and why this calendar has not got as many good reviews as others.
This is how we use ours :
- a little Tupperware in the kitchen drawer below the calendar has highlighters, black pen, snopake index tabs (see explanation below)
- Each family member has a colour (pink, blue, orange, yellow & green)
- I use the Stabilo Write 4 all pen which writes very well on the paper Stabilo Write-4-all Permanent Marker Pen Black Fine 156/46
- We have highlighters for each colour
- Best thing ever discovered this year was the Snopake index tabs which fit perfectly in the boxes and come in the 5 colours so brilliant and neat see Arrow Highlighters Index Tabs. Also the same black permanent pen works very well with these tabs.
- I write in permanent ink the school calendar dates and important birthdays etc directly onto the calendar with the relevant highlight colours. All other dates, I use the index tabs which keep things neat, can be moved or discarded without scribbling over for any cancelled or adjusted appointments. Only disadvantage is that some colours get used up before others so have bought quite a few of these but reasonably priced and well worth it. Also has done away with pencil scribbles that need to be rubbed out all the time. The older kids know their colours so they can add items to the calendar as they need for sleepovers etc
- Also on each page, where the section is for 'projects and family notes', I use this for a table which indicates which children have regular weekly activities on which days & times, it is just the right size to draw in a table that lists the days of the week down the left and columns for each of the children. This means I don't clutter up the main calendar with regular weekly swimming, cricket, music lessons etc
- Am trying to be more organised with the daily meals section which is very useful when used! What I have been doing is writing in the evening meals as we have had them and that gives me a better idea for the weekly shopping list ... work in progress but that is my issue not the calendar and it is a very useful section.
- the stickers are useful but I don't use all of them so keep some from year to year. Could do with more school event and no school stickers, but equally could print our own on laser labels.
Only thing I would agree could be improved is a pocket at the back for holding party invitations, wedding dates etc, but have got round this by hanging a plastic folder behind the calendar on the same hook
So useful having it as a calendar that starts in August as gives plenty of time to move from one calendar to the next one
Basically with a good black pen and some coloured tabs this calendar does a good job for our family. Will not buy another calendar this one is just too good - please keep stocking this Amazon
2013 Amy Knapp's Big Grid Family Wall Calendar: The Essential Organization and Communication Tool for the Entire Family(7 customer reviews)
Used & New from: £75.47