1.0 out of 5 stars Who is it for?, 3 April 2008
This review is from: The Best Of Radiohead (Audio CD)
This is an unnecessary compilation not approved by the band. Radiohead's record deal with EMI has expired and EMI is cashing in by releasing tracks from their six EMI LPs. Politics aside, I strongly recommend buying the individual albums and skipping this compilation. All the albums are cohesive wholes, and savouring them from start to finish takes the experience to a new level. Start with The Bends or OK Computer: these two masterpieces dominate the compilation and are only *£4* each on Amazon! All the "best of" songs are of course very good, but there is no unity or flow to this compilation and it does not represent value for money.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 21-27 of 27 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2008 14:45:59 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jun 2008 10:17:16 BDT
Of course it was an assumption -- what's the alternative? I asked every Radiohead fan and missed you out?

The point was this -- Even if you like playing mix-n-match "best of" playlists on your iPod, that's not a reason to buy this "best of" rather than the parent albums.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2008 19:14:02 BDT
Red Mosquito says:
One alternative would be not to make assumptions. This would assist the flow of accurate information and enhance this debate instead of degrading it. You also seem to be assuming that I am a Radiohead fan. Whilst I admire, respect and enjoy their music I wouldn't consider myself one of their fans.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2008 10:13:28 BDT
Last edited by the author on 4 Jun 2008 16:19:01 BDT
I think I better stop stoking the flames -- sorry to anyone else terribly offended by my opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Mar 2010 15:19:28 GMT
It's not the best of Radiohead. The songs are all good but there are brilliant songs missing. I think that it is essential to have all of their albums.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Mar 2010 10:43:14 GMT
Exactly...

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2010 14:56:44 BDT
Di says:
This is the first CD of theirs I've bought, I'd only heard 'Creep' and 'No sirprises' before. It gets better with every hearing and I'll be buying more. A great intro for me.

Posted on 27 Oct 2013 22:13:23 GMT
S. Holland says:
It's £7.08! That to me is value for money.
If its got the best Radiohead songs on it then I'll buy it. I don't want to listen to the crap songs while I wait for the good ones. (Is that what you mean by unity or flow?)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›