5.0 out of 5 stars Long live the Queen!!!, 27 April 2014
This review is from: She Works Hard For The Money (Audio CD)
Nice that this album will no longer be changing hands on EBay for silly money. As a hard-core fan, I am happy to replace my 1990s Cd release of this 1983 album for a lovely re-mastered limited edition version. Would love to see the rest of Donna's 1980s albums get the same treatment!!!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Apr 2014 00:23:44 BDT
Jon says:
It's a pity after all these years no bonus tracks included

In reply to an earlier post on 4 May 2014 20:07:45 BDT
Totally agree Jon.....a few original extended mixes would have been welcome. But the SOUND and the attention to detail (the disc is black both sides and looks like a mini LP) make up for it!!! Stunning item!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 May 2014 10:09:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 May 2014 10:25:12 BDT
Doug K says:
I was really looking forward to this re-mastered release. However, I've recently taken delivery of my pre-order and the re-mastering on tracks 1 & 2 is appalling. Are you gents experiencing the same problems?

I really wanted to support Culture Factory in this venture but if this is an example of their shoddy work then count me out. I've written to them but as yet no reply, which apparently is usual for them, so I've cancelled my order for their IRY re-master as this offering is also poor quality. I'll stick with my Japanese re-masters, at least they treated Donna's material with the care it so rightly deserves.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 May 2014 08:29:33 BDT
bobby morrow says:
It's a sad fact that Culture Factory are well known for their overly bright, super-compressed remasters. I really wanted to get this, but their reputation put me off. I got the IRY remaster from Japan a couple of years ago and was very happy with that. I'll stick with my old Mercury SWHFTM CD!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 May 2014 10:30:53 BDT
Doug K says:
Thanks for the info Bobby, I wasn't aware of their reputation. They did actually respond to my email and are investigating my concerns, which is kind of them. Like you I've got the Japanese re-masters collection plus the hdtracks version of SWHFTM, which sounds fantastic but I prefer physical CD format to downloads. Just ordered an IDJ re-master of this album from the states, hopefully it will be better than the Culture Factory version.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 May 2014 07:34:13 BDT
bobby morrow says:
Yes, I prefer CD to download. I didn't know there was another remaster of this album looming.. I will check that out. It's a shame CF choose to compress their music titles so much. They do go all out to make them look great at least! CF do tend to single out long OOP albums to remaster, so it's a shame they don't turn out to be what we want. That said, a lot of people love them! If you think your iPod sounds great, you'll probably love these too.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 May 2014 09:55:59 BDT
Doug K says:
Thanks again for the info Bobby. The Island Def Jam re-master came out last year in the states only, I happened to stumble across it on Amazon US whilst looking for Donna re-masters. It's horrendously expensive on Amazon UK so I purchased it via the US site. I never listen to Donna on a ipod, her voice demands so much better than this :)

In reply to an earlier post on 12 May 2014 10:54:00 BDT
bobby morrow says:
Yes, Donna and the iPod don't mix! It's time all her back catalogue was remastered... I hoped the handful of Japanese titles released a few years ago would be the start of this..

In reply to an earlier post on 24 May 2014 23:52:56 BDT
Doug K says:
Don't bother with the so called IDJ SWHFTM CD on US Amazon.com - it proved to be a con as I've now received the disc and it's the old 1995 Mercury pressing on CD-R. Guess we'll have to wait for the rest of her titles to be remastered as Donna, (now the family), owns the rights to her 80's output, (except SWHFTM).

In reply to an earlier post on 25 May 2014 07:46:39 BDT
bobby morrow says:
Thanks for that. I've seen quite a few of those CD-R titles advertised on Amazon on OOP titles. Will steer clear of SWHFTM.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.8 out of 5 stars (5 customer reviews)

Reviewer