4.0 out of 5 stars The only headset you will EVER need... Kinda..., 26 Dec. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset (PS3) (Accessory)
**UPDATE**
Right then. I had to go through 2 of these and then find out that they are unfortunately not as great as I had hoped. An almost spot on headset has been ruined buy the fact that (even if you treat it like a baby) it will crack at the sides. Everyone I know that has purchased this headset has had the same issue. I had it twice. They also stopped connecting after a while of snapping from the sides. It's a shame that Sony went witch cheap materials for this headset... I'm going to miss them.

Let me just start by saying I won't be buying a new headset or headphones anytime soon. I'm a constant Skyper and sometimes I need to leave the room, I love the fact that I can now go to the kitchen and make some food while still Skyping with my friends. It just makes everything much easier.

I used to have a separate headset for my computer, one for my PS3 and one for my (Android) phone and Vita. Having a headset that works with every one of those makes my life much easier. Just a note, these work wireless with the PS3 and PC, but using a cable on anything that won't take the dongle. The Microphone also works by using the cable, on my phone anyway, have yet to test anything else.

Yes, the microphone works on PC, Skype etc. but it's not going to replace my snowball for recording voice-overs for YouTube videos that's for sure. But with pretty much all wireless headsets the mics are a bit... on the lesser side.

I can wear these all day and feel like nothing is on my head, except when you notice that everyone is quiet and trust me, I have pretty big ears.
You won't be able to hear yourself much and may find yourself shouting every now and again, but not knowing. You get used to it after the first day or two.

Having used beats in the past on many occasions, I would say that these produce much, much better sound... and once you flick on the bass impact... you will be blown away by how amazing the sound going into your ears is. You won't want to use any other headphones/headset after using these, perfection.

Only thing I can possibly think to complain about is the battery. The life on these things isn't amazing due to the outstanding bass-impact, I get about 5-6 hours on a full charge? Being at my PC all day doesn't help me keep track of time but it's not really a problem because I constantly have access to a USB port to charge them. Turn off the bass-impact and you will get longer life, even with the bass-impact off these sound a LOT better than beats.

I probably missed out a lot from this review but it's late, sorry! :P

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]