5.0 out of 5 stars Just how a craft book should be, 13 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Kirstie Allsopp Craft (Hardcover)
I love this book. So many craft books have been disappointing in the past; projects either too expensive, unrealistic, too technical etc for what I want it for - to pass on home crafts to my daughter and spend quality time together making our home special. This book ticks all the boxes.

It's beautifully photographed and there's a huge range of different projects from needle and paper crafts to garden, food and flower crafts. There are also some lovely touches such as lavendar bath bombes, bird seed cakes, home made jelly and elderflower cordial.

Some lovely projects you'll recognise from past tv programmes too for which I'm particularly grateful. Highest standard and something for all ages. Can't wait for the next one!

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Oct 2011 18:53:17 BDT

Posted on 13 Oct 2011 19:17:05 BDT
holly hill says:
I am going to have a look in Smith's or somewhere first just to check it is that good as I don't have funds to waste and this seems a perfect gift for a friend's birthday next week.

Posted on 13 Oct 2011 20:04:09 BDT
Stunning Book. Beautiful pictures, detailed instructions and something for everybody. Good value with so many projects to do for gifts or with kids. Loving the Scarecrow.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2011 19:23:45 BDT
I did find this book in TK MAXX 1 week before it went on sale...maybe they bought it else where but it does seem odd

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Oct 2011 23:26:23 BDT
Last edited by the author on 14 Oct 2011 23:28:20 BDT
Eden says:
Re: D Cutter, I think you need to get out more.... :)

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Oct 2011 10:18:15 BDT
D. Cutter says:
Lol... Says the person sitting at home doing craft projects! :D
Don't worry, you didn't put me off... I bought a copy anyway (as a present!).
It's just that I've 'got out' enough to know that 'fake' internet reviews are a pretty common occurrence that's all. Have fun with your lavender bath bombes. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2011 10:38:32 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Dec 2011 10:41:15 GMT
chris says:
I think Amazon have pre-release copies which they distribute so that potential customers can see reviews straight away. Not everything has to be a scam!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Dec 2011 19:11:43 GMT
D. Cutter says:
Fair enough. I admit I've received books I've pre-ordered before (or on) the release date... So that may well be the case. I did question myself whether I was being too cynical!

To add a further comment to my original one I can say that my wife (recipient of the present) and daughter are getting a great deal of fun from this book, so despite my initial cynicism I would definitely recommend it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.5 out of 5 stars (123 customer reviews)

£20.00 £15.00