Great designed and superb in use!,
This review is from: Chinese in a Flash: v. 4 (Tuttle Flash Cards) (Cards)Chinese in a Flash - Volume 1, 2, 3 and 4
As an additional tool to learn Mandarin Chinese characters these flashcards are excellent made and very easy in use. Each volume offers 448 character flash cards and 1792 compounds words.
On each individual flashcard you can find on the front side:
- Large print of the character
- Stroke order
- Four possible (and frequently used) words using that character
- A card number for easy ordering and traceability
On each individual flashcard you can find on the back side:
- Smaller print of the character (with pinyin and translation)
- Character component
- Example of using that character in a phrase (with pinyin and translation)
- The four words using that character - as printed on the front side (with pinyin and translation)
- The card number
The 4 volumes offer in total 1792 characters and about 7168 words.
Each volume has also a booklet that allows you to search on pinyin, character or translation. Volume 1 starts with more frequently used words and the volumes built up on that. All are printed in easy to read fonts by the way.
This is a really great tool for the serious student of Mandarin Chinese. Great designed and superb in use!