5.0 out of 5 stars Works well on ALL body parts..., 15 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Philips Bodygroom TT2021 Rechargeable Male Body Hair Trimmer (Personal Care)
Hi,

Firstly, I would just like to say I am of Asian descent (Indian Sub-Continent) and have body hair on most of my body (some places more than others). This is just to let you know as I'm not sure, but the product may work differently on less hairy or lighter coloured hair (although should be the same for everyone, just thought may be more helpful for you to know that).

OK, now when I received the product I found it to be packaged superbly and came well protected in a box. I should say the product arrived very promptly, 2-3 days after my initial order which was pleasing in itself. Inside the box there was the charging stand, charger, instructions, three combs (for varying lengths of grooming 1-being shortest and 3 longest - of course for the closest cut it should be used without any comb - this all depends on the type of grooming you want to do, but more on this later in the review), and of course, the body groomer itself.

For me, I needed something to groom pretty much all areas of my body. This includes - back, chest, stomach, legs, groin area and even arms (training at the gym so did want to see if I had visible muscle there - more curious than narcissim ;-))The problem was (apart from being hairier than I wanted to be!) that I have quite bad skin which meant if I used depilatory creams it would work fine but then I would get spots and acne. Razors caused the same problem, only worse, as the hair grew back darker and thicker (I think the science says it's not actually thicker but the way the razor cuts the hair causes it to gain this appearance - either way it was undesirable). Laser and electrolysis, etc is not only far too expensive (for me anyway) but also I'd just find it a little embarassing for various reasons. The body groomer was almost like a last option (before this I was using hair clippers, which work OK but can cause frequent nicks and cuts and also could be awkward to get to certain body parts).

Moving on to the important stuff - using the groomer to groom hair! I will say this groomer worked fantastically well on ALL areas I used it on. In fact, I did once use it to shape part of my facial stubble when I couldn't find a razor and that was fine too! So far, I have used it with Comb '1' and without any comb and both have worked brilliantly. With the groin area I find it best to have some hair 'down there' (although this is completely down to personal preference!) so I used comb '1', I also used that comb for the other areas of my body apart from my back where I found using the groomer without any comb completely removed any visible back hair. I found the shape of the groomer to be excellent to get to hard to reach places (especially, back, backside and groin area) and worked smoothly. I must also say I have not used the groomer in wet conditions, however, as it works fine dry then I'm sure wet wouldn't be any problem.

One little tip - when using the product at first make sure to use it slowly as quick actions can cause nicks...and that can be a little 'stingy' in some areas! lol. After your first few uses you should get better at using it and groom a lot quicker.

Also, any negative comments you read, I assume, would be because the user didn't take care of the groomer properly (pressing too hard or storing it in a place where the combs, etc could get damaged) OR after removing body hair from their stomach and chest they realised that it didn't reveal an automatic six-pack or pecs like 'Arnie'! lol. Anyway, personally, I have found no real fault with the item and thoroughly recommend it...

If you're reading this sentence then firstly well done that you've read all the way to this point of my essay - sorry it's so long! ;-) Seriously though, hope my review has been helpful to you in deciding whether to purchase this product or not. Thanks! ;-)

[Add comment]