7 of 8 people found the following review helpful
This review is from: Lego Star Wars 2: The Official Strategy Guide (Prima Official Game Guides) (Paperback)
I paid a whopping £[...] in Game for this guide as I was really keen to find the mini-kits and unlock the extras, having completed the game in story mode. This guide does help quite a lot but is lacking in certain areas - a guide to the Extras would have been useful for example. It does not seem to list all the mini-kit and red brick locations either and glosses casually over that fact. I've had to look at online walkthroughs to find some of those unfortunately. However it does have quite an extensive character listing but since all characters fit into 5 or 6 different categories (and hence similar attributes) this is not of massive use in completing the game.
My top tips for this game are:
1) Save your money until you have completed Story mode, you can then spend it wisely in Freeplay mode. Most of the characters you'll need (Luke, Darth, Boba Fett) become available for nowt once you've defeated them
2) Keep an eye out for the red bricks, once found they give you the extras to buy e.g invincibility, super lasers etc
3) Boba Fett is the main man, especially with bounty hunter rockets enabled. He flies like R2D2 but packs a punch too
4) Once you've purchased an extra, it isn't enabled by default (took me a while to sus this !). Once in the game, press Start, then Extras to toggle them on and off
5) Ghost characters are expensive (the enemy cannot see you so won't shoot you !) but invincibility is better value (900,000 studs) to start with
6) Don't waste time struggling to get that high-up mini-kit in story mode. Most of them aren't attainable until you do it in Freeplay with a Jedi or Bounty Hunter
Enjoy - I love this game. The guide should help add value to the great Star Wars adventure, but it does have some omissions.