4.0 out of 5 stars Good workout, 26 Aug 2009
This review is from: JML Iron Total Gym Upper Body Workout Bar (Sports)
At first I didnt know if I was going to go for the iron gym or the P90X but decided on this for its simplicity and cost and I am not disappointed.

I recieved my iron gym about 2 hours ago and decided to put it straight to the test as part of my back work out.

Building 5/5
Putting it together was very straight forward and probably took the best part of 5/10 minutes. The spanner that comes with it is very basic but it does the job.

Backs 5/5
The wide grip was not as wide as I would have liked but it was good enough to really work my lats, I used the other two grips one set a piece until I finished my set of 6 and was very pleased with the workout. I was able to move slowly and controlled and the iron gym left no marks on my wall. Im not a small guy I weight in at 210lb there was no fear of falling.

Dips 0/5
I'm not convinced by the dips as the range of movement is limited, personally I think that is just trying too hard to make the sale. If dips is your thing I would suggest looking at an additional products to go with this one.

Press ups 3/5
Okay you can do press ups on here and the range of movement was good if you are a beginner, however intermediate and above may prefer to do some clapping press ups to build explosive power.

Abs 5/5 (hanging) 3/5 (seated)
The sit up function is good if you are top half heavy or a beginner but I prefer to work my abs by doing hanging leg raises when it is on the door and then mix them up with traditional crunches, however there is a wide variety of movements you can do depending on space as you can work a wider range of movement.

The Guide 2/5
The guide that comes with it is basic, if you aready have intermediate experience of training and eating for performance they you will not learn anything new. However if you are new then the guide will help set up a basic foundation based on its example menu and food types.

Overall 4/5
I would say this is a great product for what you pay for its going to do what it is suppose to; give you a great workout as part of a bigger plan. I would say this product is great for maintaining and build lean mass but if you are looking for that spartan look you may want to invest in some dumb bells too.

Eat well and train safe