5.0 out of 5 stars Prefect for the job, 6 May 2011
This review is from: NEW TRUESHOPPING® 'LITTLE TROJAN' MULTI PURPOSE HAND HELD STEAM CLEANER 1050W WITH ACCESSORIES. FAST HEATING TIME. IDEAL FOR CLEANING A RANGE OF SURFACES FROM TILES AND WINDOWS TO RUGS AND CURTAINS. ALSO SUITABLE FOR IRONING CLOTHES. (Misc.)
I had been shopping around for a steam cleaner for a while now, my council flat gets very damp, and with damp comes the standard mold and mildew, lovely, and a pain in the you know what to rid yourself of. I read some of these reviews, and one thing I noted was some say it has a short duration that you can use it for. Actually that is perfect for me, I have ME/CFS, so holding something for any length of time, with any kind of weight = extremely painful and very exhausting. One evening I decided to try out my new cleaner, and not only managed to put it together myself, I cleaned an entire window, and this was black with dirt and mildew. I had tried bleach before and it just turned it sort of pink, and actually required me to scrub, which is why it had gotten so bad now, I managed to use the cleaner to lift the dirt and stuff from the surface of the paintwork. If you hold it a few mm away you can actually blast off small areas with the force, which is not really for what it is intended, but it demonstrated what it was capable of.

I only filled this bout 4 times, as you need to wipe away stuff in between, and I am almost sure that people seem to think of a steam cleaner much like a jet washer, and that a quick blast and the dirt vanishes, this is steam not jet powered water. This does exactly as it says on the tin. It was excellent round paintwork, and in the little corners, I did not scrub at all.

Mt next task for it was my bunny hutch. Very large, and this proved once again it was up to the task. Bunny safe out the way, litter removed and 20 minutes later (allowing time for wiping out the stuff) his hutch was spotless, and very hygienic, as the steam kills any germs, and bugs etc, very handy indeed. My other buns are very excited about this weekend, when 2 more hutches will be blasted.

Soon I intend to head for the Winter blankets before they go into storage, and house hold chairs and sofa. I had video of the window cleaning, but I can't find my cable to hook my phone to the PC, so I will add it when I find and can upload it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Jan 2012 12:20:30 GMT
Merlin says:
Hi, if you are having problems with damp, buy a dehumidifier. I had the same problem when renting. The flat felt cold even when the heating was on; my bedsheets felt cold and washed clothes took ages to dry. We create an amazing amount of steam when we cook and when we shower and it was the moisture in the air. When you turn your heating on - your not just heating ai ; you're heating the water vapour in the air - and we all know the energy it takes to heat water!!! Someone suggested I buy a Delonghi DEM10. I was sceptical about paying £85-£100 for something I felt may not work, but took the plunge. One of the best things I've bought. My flat was noticably warmer and i wasn't having to put the heating on high anymore. I also was mindful of how much electricity it used but the reduction in my use of gas [central heating] is much more than the cost of running the unit.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›