1.0 out of 5 stars WORST FILM THIS YEAR, 25 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Free Birds [DVD] (DVD)
Don't go to see or buy this movie. It's very short. And the animation is bad. And the end is weird. Who would have pizza for thanksgiving . People from Ireland (like me)and UK would probably won't know what thanksgiving even is. And if there is a free birds 2 where they go back in time to get turkey of the x-mas menu. I'm 100% not seeing it.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Dec 2013 19:14:31 GMT
MJC says:
I'm not quite sure how you can claim it's "very short". It's pretty much the same length (give or take a few minutes) as "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2", "A Good Day to Die Hard" and "Despicable Me 2".
Despite not being American, I know exactly what Thanksgiving is, and I would suspect a significant number of other non-American's do too. Although even if you didn't have the foggiest idea of what Thanksgiving is I would have thought that the fact that this film is advertised as two birds who "travel back in time to change the course of history - and get turkey off the Thanksgiving menu for good" would somewhat suggest the topic of the film.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Dec 2013 12:28:27 GMT
Last edited by the author on 31 Dec 2013 12:29:05 GMT
A. Moriarty says:
Yes I quite agree. We may not be american but we are not idiots. We know that American's Thanksgiving menu is rather like our Christmas one in the UK. I wonder that 'The Smiddys' went to see this film at all if they had no interest in American culture or traditions.

Posted on 31 Dec 2013 23:05:05 GMT
I'm not the brightest of bright but I'm certain it's common knowledge Americans celebrate thanksgiving.

Plus, you claim to have not even watched the film so this is just a ridiculous review of nothing.

Posted on 2 Jan 2014 13:20:53 GMT
Broder says:
I think your pumped up rant may have made you unaware that you gave away the end of the movie, and although it is not exactly a Hitchcock drama, it is still a little arrogant of you to think you can tell someone the end of a movie.

Posted on 31 Jan 2014 00:16:02 GMT
DjW says:
I agree that the review is not great, but this film is in a way awful. Not the way it looks, or the characters because its just about colourful enough to keep your kids happy for 90 minutes with a couple of laughs along the way (not many though) but what makes this film truly excruciating to watch is the plot. The whole premise seems to have arisen from the end scene, which someone thought would be funny, and written backwards to arrive at that point with some extraordinarily tenuous plotlines. Look, I know its for kids, and they'll think its ok - I'm just warning adults that they will be VERY frustrated by the storyline. I know I was.

Posted on 14 Nov 2014 15:19:56 GMT
Last edited by the author on 14 Nov 2014 15:23:38 GMT
NO, NO NO! 80 minutes is not "very short" and the animation was pretty good. You should compare it to Alpha & Omega 2: A Howl-Iday Adventure [DVD] at 45 minutes of bad animation!

P.S: I really hope for a Free Birds 2
P.P.S: YOU GAVE AWAY THE ENDING!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.3 out of 5 stars (67 customer reviews)

£17.99 £4.73