4.0 out of 5 stars Heaven as it is on Earth, 10 Aug 2013
This review is from: Jesus: A Story of Enlightenment (Paperback)
I discovered Deepak a few months back. He has wowed me with his understanding of spirituality and his ideas. "The Third Jesus" is a fantastic book. In both that book and this Deepak explores the man of Jesus.

He is seemingly well informed in his understanding of the environment that quite probably surrounded Jesus, the culture and the religious and political climate.

Jesus: A story of enlightenment is great. I was very drawn into the book. Deepak presents the kind of Jesus I could believe existed and presents what I can see as a likely and touching argument for who this man actually was. He tells the story of the Jesus who could have been in the missing years of the New Testement translations.

He tells the story of a charismatic, passionate and warm hearted Jesus, very human and like us all conflicted as he comes to challenge the religious ideas he is familiar with and deepen his understanding of the God of all.

I am reading Mark having just read Jesus and it has made me much more comfortable with the text, seeing new meanings in the text. I now see and touch a Jesus I can believe in, one who knew the great secret, that we are all God and when we know this we are free.

Deepak writes an intelligent and compelling narrative for those interested in Jesus and I look forward to reading the sister books, Buddah and Muhammed in my quest to see the unified divine truth that these men came to understand in their lifetimes. Buy, enjoy and prepare to see the Jesus we can believe in, a Jesus who felt sexual passion and affection, who suffered doubt in faith and who never gave up seeking a truth that opens the heart to the richness of the world around. Heaven as it is on Earth :)

If you are approaching this book with a strict or ready defined idea of the origins of Christianity or indeed Jesus do not fear, you are in good company. My advice would be whatever you believe approach this story with an open and generous mind. Like many things in life, do this and you are bound to get some rewards.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]