2.0 out of 5 stars Started off well but then broke. Replacement just arrived., 12 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Philips HF3490 Wake-up Light Alarm with iPod Dock (Personal Care)
I was originally very impressed with this product. The lamp was VERY bright, the radio worked well and it charged my iPhone up every night. I was happy.

But after a short time I started to notice a few things going wrong. Everytime I plugged my iPhone in it started the iPod playing. So everytime I had to quickly access the iPhone menu and stop the music before it woke the wife up. This is very annoying.

I then found that I was sleeping in late. Originally I thought this was just me and then I thought I was forgetting to set the alarm volume on the product. Until one night, for no reason at all, the volume level appeared on the display and then it counted down until it was at zero volume level. Very odd. I reset the volume back up to 10 but the clock just reset it to zero again. This then developed into all the electric bits going haywire and doing what they liked. There was clearly a big problem with this product making the alarm clock feature useless.

Well Amazon have been 100% efficient and helpful and did not hesitate in helping to replace the product. I had a new one arrive just 2 days after I told them. An excellent customer service experience!!! Thank you Amazon :)

I will keep a close eye on this one to see if there is a common product problem and I will let you know what happens. My first observation is that putting the iPhone in the dock still sets off the iPod feature and starts playing music automatically. So this is still a problem. Fingers crossed....

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Feb 2011 23:57:28 GMT
Davey G says:
Dave G: Just to let you all know...the same fault happened again. The lamp is now in the rubbish bin. This product is NOT recommended. DO NOT BUY!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2011 16:25:33 BDT
Mrs. A Dilks says:
This happened to me as well and I have the version of the product without the iPod dock!

Posted on 1 Jun 2011 13:33:23 BDT
Exactly the same thing has happened to my Wake light - I'm on my second one - I sent the first back to amazon who were very happy to help. Sadly this one has the same problems as the first.
I'm now going to find another manufacturer.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

2.2 out of 5 stars (21 customer reviews)

Out of stock