22 of 23 people found the following review helpful
Installs very easily and works absolutely brilliantly ! :),
This review is from: Edimax EW-7416APN Wireless Access Point/Range Extender with 2T2R MIMO Technology (Personal Computers)
My SKY broadband router was not man enough to cover the whole house. Upstairs was a no go area as far as wireless signals are concerned.
I am pleased to say that installing this little gem and getting it to work turned out to be far easier than anticipated. In fact it's a doddle. It took under 5 minutes to install. Here is what I did (from memory)
1) Selected a convenient location in the house to place the Edimax, say halfway.
2) Connected the Edimax to my laptop via ethernet cable.
3) Plugged the Edimax to mains using its adaptor, of course!
4) Loaded the Edimax CD onto my laptop.
5) Chose English as preferred language and pressed install :)
6) I was prompted to input a password which is 1234, given in the pdf manual found on the same CD.
7) Edimax found my network automatically and prompted me to input its key, which is written on my SKY router.
8) The software asked how I'd like to use the Edimax, I selected as Wifi extender.
9) Finally, I disconnected the laptop and left the Edimax to do its job. We now have have excellent signal coverage everywhere in the house and probably in the garden too! Best wishes.
Tracked by 1 customer
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jan 2011 13:28:04 GMT
Miss Sj French says:
thank you so much this made the product really easy to install.
In reply to an earlier post on 17 Nov 2011 16:39:07 GMT
Thnks for your help there, I've got a SKY network, so I just followed your instructions and I was up and running in five minutes, exactly the same. I'm just playing with location now but its extending my network by an extra two rooms in the bungalow.
Posted on 5 Jan 2012 21:06:56 GMT
Various reviews have instructions, but yours looked the most straightforward!
Followed them & now have the extender working (within 5 mins).
Posted on 22 Sep 2012 19:43:33 BDT
N. J. Jump says:
I have just tried this and it did not work on my Sky router, but the Edimax did not ask for the passwoed for the router. So far I have spent 3 hours trying to get this device to work. One more hour to go before I send it back as being useless!
Posted on 21 Apr 2013 12:24:49 BDT
A. Beaumont says:
Thank you very much for the basic guide, we have spent hours on other "range extender devises" with no sucess and my wife is tech savvy and has been very frustrated. I plugged this devise in followed your instructions and worked 1st time. 5 stars.
Could not care whatever bells and whistles the edimax as a range extender its brilliant.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›