5.0 out of 5 stars Neat little thing, 25 Jun 2007
This review is from: Fujifilm Finepix Z5fd Digital Camera - Silver (6MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.5 inch LCD (Electronics)
My advice to the reviewer below was to read the manual properly. The on button is also the play button - so you can turn the camera on for display without actually needing to slide the case.

I am not a pro photographer by any chance but I do love my fuji camera(s). My first one was an E550 which is an excellent thing and certainly very impressed with the quality of picture and it's easiness of usage. I was so impressed with Fuji - I had a look at Pentax and Olympus and with the exception of a Canon (it's too dear!), that I decided to get another Fuji. I am not into taking super-duper photo (and if I do I would be looking to spend more than 200 quid + accesories) so this tiny thing would suffice. I wanted a camera which is small to slip into my bag unnoticeable which takes good quality pictures and easily rechargeable.

I got this camera for about a week now and truly am impressed with the quality produced for such a small thing. It's no suprise it won the TIPA 2007 Award for Best Ultra Compact Digital camera.

I won't pretend to know whát's what about digital photography. But I know what's a good picture and what's a bad picture. By golly, it takes superb pictures!

My sole purpose of getting this camera are:

decent quality picture (tick)
small size (tick),
easy interface on the camera (tick)
reasonable battery lifespan (tick)
easily rechargeable (tick)
straightforward connection via USB to the computer minus the software programming and easily transferable (quadraple tick!)
light and compact (tick)
huge LCD screen (tick)
protected lens (tick)
price (double tick)
user-friendly (tick)
On top of that this little thing also offer face detection intelligent (which works!!) and intelligent flash system which makes the picture looks fantastic as if in natural light without making things look as if there's a bright being focusing on the object! (ok perhaps I have left the digital scene for a long time as most camera in this range probably offer the same thing!)

So, the aim of this camera originally was for girlies who are out clubbing so that they can slip it in their handbag whilst going out truly achieve it's purpose and definitley more. Certainly I would recommend this product if you, like me, looking for the above needs.

To fully utilise the camera potential, I would suggest reading the manual from cover to cover and try and test as I don't think you will fully unlocked it's potential if you just click and go even though it presents itself that way. Do check the fuji website so you can have a look and compare the photos this thing takes - you'll be amazed as it's not just a pretty face!

Enjoy!

A few reminders: It uses an XD memory card which goes up to 2GB and not the standard SD cards so you may need to get a different memory card if you were to purchase the camera. I could use my XD in E550 in this camera with no problems. If you have bigger hands, just be carefuly with the lens as it is placed on the far top left corner which can easily be obscured by a finger. On a lower/less light, the image may be grainier looking on the LCD (but nothing wrong when transferred to the computer) but that's common with most cameras and has no effect to picture quality.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]