3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
After a successful first time install I used the printer, mostly for scanning. I RARELY PRINT (note for later).
I allowed the updates to proceed without any problem, until after one the scan button had vanished from the HP Solution Center. This made the printer useless for my main use, though I could still print - sometimes.
After many many hours of attentive, but repetitive and useless help from HP, I still haven't got it re-installed.
1) When the printer goes off-line on wireless (sleep mode?) you have to wake it up manually. My wife's PC, in another part of the house can't print without first going to the printer to wake it up.
2) After so little use, two of the print cartridges are flagging as low on ink all the time. My previous printer lasted well over a year with my level of use. This has been weeks of little use - and all printing in draft mode.
INSTALL PROBLEM (short version):
1) They told me to uninstall and install again. No difference.
2) They told me to do an 'uninstall_L3.bat' uninstall, which cleans up everything; then reinstall. The reinstall failed with a fatal error that then removed all the HP stuff and rebooted my system (no choice here).
3) I found the basic driver on the HP site. That installed OK, so I could print again. But I couldn't scan...
4) Started the main install which spotted driver and offered to just install solution center or functional parts (scan?). Failed in similar way to original full install AND ran through a clean up that removed the driver - WITH NO WAY OF STOPPING IT. Complete screw-up.
So, more time spent on it that the value of the printer, and still no functionality.