5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant small sized camera!, 5 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX P310 Compact Digital Camera - Black (16.1MP, 4.2x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD (Electronics)
I have to say that this has turned out to be one of my better purchases.
I use 3 digital cameras, a Digital SLR, this and my iPhone (formerly a Coolpix S210 but the image quality between it and my iPhone are the same so it seemed silly to have that as well).
The SLR is used partly professionally and partly for fun, the P310 is used as a compact camera which can be used for semi serious shots when I don't want the size of the SLR and the iPhone is the camera for casual fun.

Now you understand what I use it for I will explain why it is so brilliant!

It is small and light.
It weight very little but still has a sturdy aluminium frame. It feels solid but without the weight. Having dropped mine a few times it can survive a lot whilst still working just fine.

Video.
I don't do much video but when I have I was really impressed by not only the video footage but the audio quality! I took this to a concert and the recording was brilliant! A nice surprise!

Image quality.

Well the lens is really good which allows you to get the most out of ever pixel! I was really impressed by how well this camera handles both low light and sports situations. It is a testament to how far Nikon have come. I have actually printed an A3 image from this camera - a chance shot where I would have loved to have had my SLR on me but this did almost as well as that would have. Incredible.

Battery.
I find the battery lasts a good amount of time but more importantly it doesn't seem to discharge very quickly. Which is really good because this lives in any bag I happen to be carrying. I always like to have a semi decent camera on me as you never know what you will come across.

All in all this is a brilliant device. It takes some great photos and incorporates a lot of Nikon's core technologies such as Vibration Reduction. It also gives a good amount of manual control which is nice as let's be honest small compacts normally don't get it right all the time. For the money it is a brilliant buy!

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]