5.0 out of 5 stars Great for working out at your computer!!, 12 Jun 2009
This review is from: Body Sculpture BS1370 Twist Stepper with Bungee Cords (Sports)
I've owned this mini-stepper for about three months now. Agree with the other posts that the computer doesn't work and the instructions are useless, but it was easy to put together and those little computers always lie anyway! If I burned as many calories as my very reputable make of treadmill tells me I do, I'd be hospitalised!!

This stepper is absolutely brilliant for what I wanted. I spend hours and hours every day in front of my computer for work and suffer from varicose veins and middle aged spread from all the sitting. I bought this to stand on whilst working on my laptop - which I put on a gas lift chair on the desk, so i can adjust it to the perfect height. Luckily I'm self employed and have my own office otherwise people would think I was barking.

Not only is it absolute relief not to be sitting down all day, and gone are the achy legs and stiff neck and back, but amazingly, after the first few weeks of use I got toned thighs, a toned bottom and lost weight!! A couple of months on, I've firmed up very nicely thank you! And I don't do very much, I just gently 'walk' up and down on it whilst typing - am doing it now - and if I'm waiting for a page to load or my computer to reboot I might do something a bit more energetic. It's also very good for dancing on when a good tune comes on the radio!!

Seriously, because of the lateral movement, you do get a really good range of movement in your thighs, hips, knees and lower back. While I'm thinking I often twist around at the waist, or raise my arms over my head or out to the sides. I don't use the bungee things so can't comment on those. It is absolutely fantastic to be constantly moving instead of sitting hunched over the computer all day and if, like me, you're desk-bound I strongly recommend you get one. Wish I'd thought of it ten years ago!

If you are buying this as a piece of exercise equipment though, you might be disappointed. It isn't really a work-out and you can't make the resistance very high, even at the highest setting - twist the central knob to raise or lower the steps to make it easier or harder. But if you use it for any length of time, even an hour a day in front of the telly, I think you'd get results.

All in all it is very sturdy and robust, has stood up really well to continuous hours of use, over several months, is very very quiet - no squeaks at all, just a gentle thud as you go down - and pretty portable, I shove it under the desk as a foot rest when I do sit down.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Jan 2010 19:14:59 GMT
Wesley says:
Hi, just wondering, how much higher does this product take you? I have a standing desk, but I already use it at the highest point without standing on anything (90 degree angle with my arms on the desk). Now I'm wondering, will this device take me 22 cm higher or will it be less than that? Up to 13-15 cm higher it would be OK, I'd love to know. Btw, is it still working ok for you? No squeaking noises, and so on?

Posted on 16 Jan 2011 16:31:18 GMT
I bought it and I love it .I wear an i-pod and the squeaking does not bother me at all. The counter has broken now , but for the money it is a great buy . I like it as it is easy to store. I have not more important injured myself using it. I do not use the leads as I have a shoulder injury so can not say what they are like.

Posted on 26 Mar 2012 18:34:34 BDT
david roper says:
I have brought this product and it is really good, I haven't heard a squeak yet but I was just wondering if you know what the scan funtion does or is?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.0 out of 5 stars (165 customer reviews)

Out of stock