1.0 out of 5 stars poorly written prose, the odd sentence structuring, awful dialogue - hilariously appalling with ridiculous characters, 2 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Claimed (The Circulate Series) (Kindle Edition)
What was this author thinking? This book is so funny but not intentionally. It's hilarious because it's so appalling. I read a few chapters and couldn't stop laughing.

I can handle the poorly written prose, the odd sentence structuring and childish use of words. But the plot, asinine dialogue and character non-development was LMAO funny.

============
There Characters
Heroine: So we have our heroine, Jessica Tandy, who thinks in normal Western civilised culture one goes about introducing themselves to total strangers by mentioning how much they earn.... Well sweety - we all may have met a few people like that but they're considered ill-bred show off's whom no one would consider a model of propriety and good conduct!

Jessica Tandy goes into a bar and meets the hero (Flint Clawsomething) and introduces herself by mentioning that she earns $50k. I was embarrassed on her behalf!

She's a blonde, fragile, beautiful cliche and also a bimbo. Her childish monologues, ridiculous observations, and immature dialogue was cringe-worthy and irritating to read e.g. "I want to eat you" comebacks- I mean seriously.

Hero: he's a replica of a cliched historical-cheap-romance Native American caricature-bodice-ripper-hero - the whole long black hair, doesn't-speak-very-good-English, Neanderthal type.
I feel terrible on behalf of all Native Americans. The author manifested his "Native" culture in the most insulting manner that again was cringe-worthy to read. His speech, ignorance and sexist attitude was shocking.
English clearly isn't his first language but that still doesn't explain his stilted and hick speech. And what's with the whole "does your MATE provide for you."
Now I'm English and when I hear "mate" it has diff connotations for me - I'm referring to friend/ chum/ pal etc. If I heard a dude speaking the way our lovely Flint Clawsomething did - I would be in stitches.
And then there's all this "provide for my mate" and "bear my young" and "protect my mate" stuff which was again cringe worthy and unflattering to our poor hero.

Supporting cast - one of the characters is called "Wisetail" - I kid you not. I was going to make a few particularly rude jokes but decided that would be in poor taste. Other than that - all the characters are from a set of cliches.

============
Anyway, all I could say is that this cliche is ok if you can switch off your brain and ignore the appalling writing, dialogue, characters, plot... and well everything really.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]