1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware!, 28 May 2010
This review is from: Disintegration [VINYL] (Vinyl)
My copy of this album was absolutely covered in fingerprints and I know of two other people whose copy was the same (purchased elsewhere so this is not pointing the finger at amazon).
Mine was sent back by return post without getting near the platter. A real disappointment as it is my favourite Cure album, in fact it's one of my favourite albums full stop.
I have e-mailed Fiction records to see how this could have occurred. If I get a reply I will update this comment.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 May 2010 20:51:25 BDT
if this is your favourite cure album why did you give it 1 star DUMMY

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2010 09:37:36 BDT
Hugh Jape says:
As I'm not the reviewer, I can't really speak for him but it appears that he's reviewing the quality of the product, not the content itself. According to Amazon, "you can submit written or video reviews for any product listed on Amazon.co.uk to help other customers make purchase decisions". As such, his review is completely appropriate, you daft See You Next Tuesday.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2010 14:14:37 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 12 Aug 2014 08:27:18 BDT]

Posted on 30 May 2010 04:52:28 BDT
TheGonz says:
After you get the new copy, let us know about the sound quality of it. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 May 2010 11:13:20 BDT
I will.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2010 08:17:14 BDT
Hi Gonz,
I heard the my friends copy of the new deluxe vinyl version last night and the sound quality is very good. It's a little brighter than the original but not overly so.
His too was plagued with fingerprints but he got them off with some alcohol based cleaning fluid.
If I can find a copy that is fingerpint free or at least has very few I shall be re-buying this record.
BTW, I just received my CD copy of the deluxe edition - worth its price for the live version of the disintegration album "Entreat Plus".
Regards,
Steve.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jun 2010 16:17:32 BDT
TheGonz says:
Thanks Steve. I will probably order the vinyl in a couple of days and will use a cleaner to get rid of those fingerprints, if any.

I received the CD edition too (on monday), but I'm on the side of the people who think that Robert has totally spoiled Boris' drum sound: my very first CD was Entreat, I remember going with my father to buy it, back in 1991 I think. The sound was incredible, the drums were gorgeous. But now they are lost in the mix and I specially hate the sound in Plainsong. A song that needs that big drum sound now sounds thin and bad. Also some of the drum fills are totally lost in many part on Pictures of you.
I will pray for an Entreat Plus Plus edition ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2010 13:56:20 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jun 2010 13:58:25 BDT
Gonz,
Would you be kind enough to advise me the condition of your vinyl when it arrives please. I still want this album badly, even though I have it four times already!
As for Entreat Plus - I have only heard it on a car stereo so far. Looks like I may be in for a nasty shock when I play it at home.
Regards,
Steve.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jun 2010 20:23:54 BDT
TheGonz says:
As soon as I get it I will let you know.
(I haven't ordered it yet)
Regards.

Posted on 5 Jun 2010 22:20:13 BDT
HI Steve O, just one question: Did your copy was sealed when you received it? THXS
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›