4.0 out of 5 stars You know what to expect., 15 Jan 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Halo 3: Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
When I was a student me and my mates used to play Halo 1 & 2 on multi-player all the time. However I never really liked the campaign mode. I always thought it looked cartoonish and the enemies annoyed the hell out of me. They still do...especially those little pointy hat dudes. This one is darker and more fun.

Anyways, I'm not a Halo geek and therefore don't really know or care about the story, also I couldn't care less what the names of each character are. I played this game with my mate on co-op first time round and we completed it after a couple of days...not constant play but a few hours at a time.

I'm now pretty much done completing it on my own, I will say I agree with other reviewers when they say it's a short game. I pretty much never complete my games before I'm bored of them, however I'm on my second go round with this one.

Multi player is same as ever and still rules more than the campaign. I've never used xbox live as I prefer to have real friends...plus I have a job and a girlfriend. I'm sure it's fun if you're 15 and spend your time eating crisps and have posters of wrestling on your walls.

Worst bit is that you still sometimes end up going backwards in the game as there isn't always an arrow or some kind of obvious marker to tell you which direction to go in. Also the story scenes inbetween the action are terrible. At the end of the day Halo is just a game where you run around and shoot everything...there is no need for all the other junk.

Worth waiting til price drops and also don't bother with special edition as it just has a tin case (which is pointless) and a geeky book in it. I didn't by this for myself so I didn't waste any money, it was a present.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]