2.0 out of 5 stars Make an effort Bioware..., 10 April 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Dragon Age 2 (PS3) (Video Game)
I want to start off by saying the game is not half bad. I have just finished the game so I thought it time to give my critique. That said...I will continue.

My main problem is the heavy recycling of interior cells. Its amazing how Bioware thought none of their players would notice the same 'Dungeon' time after time. For this reason I say "Make an effort". We're paying for game which is following an epic like Dragon Age: Origins and a game which is several steps behind Mass Effect 2. Both are Bioware games which wipe the floor with this one.

Its not a lack of originality, as the storyline is good. Its just poorly executed and you find yourself rolling your eyes as you enter the same area you did two quests ago. It takes away 90% of the immersion when everything looks the same.

The interface is inferior to the last game. The skill trees can easily be confusing. The inventory system is appalling and the items (compared to the last game) do not make sense when trying to decipher their usefulness to your character.

That said, I still plowed 30 hours of my life into it and I will be playing through again. And to be honest, the immersion I felt in Origins, Awakenings and the numerous other DLC's from the first game was never going to be mirrored. If they fix this for the inevitable Dragon Age 3 then I look forward to it.

You win this round Bioware. But only by a slim margin.

EDIT 23/08/2011: After rethinking my initial review I have had to drop my rating by one star on both 'Fun' and 'Overall'. The game really doesn't compare to its predecessor. My decision to change my rating came after something as simple as listening to the two soundtracks. The title theme 'Origins' reminded me of a game I did not regret playing. Thinking back, this was not a good game. My above review still stands, but overall this is not a game I am proud to have in my collection.

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]