21 of 24 people found the following review helpful
Best Game I've Ever Played!,
This review is from: Resident Evil 4 (Wii) (Video Game)
Just to reiterate what the majority of reviewers have said - this game is simply superb. I'm one of these people who rarely completes games - I either get stuck or it takes so long I just stop playing. This was my 'summer holiday' game (being a teacher) and it got played probably 4 nights out of seven per week for 6 weeks.
The best bits are:
- the atmosphere of the game - the monks chanting scare the hell out of me and when that music starts when the ganada are about your heart races like mad.
- the way that upgrading your heath can take place any time you mix herbs and use them and maximum health is perfectly achievable by anyone playing
- the weapons and their upgrades
- there is plenty of ammo scattered about despite what some reviewers have said (I actually ran out of ammo completely twice in the game but was able to use my knife until I could replenish my supplies)
- when you die you don't get returned to save points but to a place very close to where you died.
- the control system 'feels' perfect. It's very easy to use.
- the amount of shots needed to kill enemies is realistic
- the amount of options to replay once game is completed
- only one: the battle to kill Salazar was IMO very hard but the final boss fight with Sadler was won when I was seriously low on ammo and on my first attempt.
All in all the game took me 23 and a half hours and 92 saves! Fantastic!