3 of 3 people found the following review helpful
Will to Live vs. Wolf,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: The Grey [DVD] (DVD)
I'm pro-wolf and pro-Liam, and anticipated this movie for months. Here we go:
1. The sound is awesome. I pick a tiny bone that the wolves were dubbed as tigers (wolf growls not sufficiently frightening?) but the utter isolation and unsurvivable weather came across 100%.
2. The ending - wait until after the credits.
3. Liam's best performance after "Taken". No question. A must for Liam fans.
4. The wolves, whilst ever-present, don't cause all the deaths. Some deaths are due to the plane crash, the weather, the journey, or accident. So not an unrealistic wolf witch-hunt.
5. Yes, anyone connected with wolves knows how fast they can run, and therefore this film would have ended in half the time or less. It's a major flaw.
6. At times you'll find yourself screaming at the screen while the characters yap on wasting time, or make similar unsurvivable mistakes, but that's just the benefit of being at home, safe & healthy & not in shock.
7. There are one or two scenes that will stay with you for a long time. Sometimes for what is NOT shown. Heh heh. And at least one of these is genuinely moving.
8. The plane crash is one of the best I've seen since "Alive".
9. One ponders just how much good we are without guns, in an environment where other animals are adapted and we are not.
10. I would have liked to see it as an 18 cert, and more realistic wolves, but wolves aren't easy to train. They make up their own mind. And that's why this film is less outlandish than you think... wolves are canny, they plan. They track. They don't give up on a fair chance of food. And they're patient. So much respect to the wolves, this hasn't harmed them one bit.
Thank you & goodnight x