5.0 out of 5 stars TERRIFYING BEYOND BELIEF!!!!, 28 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Fourth Kind [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I have just sat through what's without doubt the most terrifying and draining ordeal of my life. A dramatisation of a true story - backed up by video evidence used throughout the film, 'The Fourth Kind' is a disturbing account of multiple alien abductions.

I wish I could unwatch this film - but like the sheriff in it said: 'Its hard to cross back over the line from insanity.' This film was truly horrific on many levels. Not only was the story itself upsetting but the way it was made was horrifying too. However, disturbing as it was to see real footage of a man shooting his family, unexplained levitations, and hear alien voices, the film would not have been the same without it.

You simply wouldn't have believed it. So far fetched is the tale; yet the evidence is there. Recorded by a variety of separate sources from the local police to Doctors, and with over 2000 visit to the small Alaskan town by the FBI, one suspects it been recorded by them too. In fact, this small town in Alaska is the FBIs most visited place beating its nearest rival with about 6 times as many visits.

The film is a mish mash of audio recordings, re-enactments and live footage of therapy session that tells of a small town in Alaska with a disturbing record of unsolved disappearances going back to the 1960s. The latest series is taking place right now and Psychologist Dr. Abigail Tyler finds her and her family right in the centre of events.

Suppressed memories return, people vanish and as 'the truth' slowly dawns on the people of Nome, they simply can't accept it. And I understand why. I can't explain what I saw and heard in this film. The ancient languages. The levitations. The screams. The flying saucers. The murders. The sheer terror of the people involved.

This film has left me very uneasy. I watched it alone in my house and it has left me trembling with fear and questioning reality. If you've seen Paranormal activity and like those sort of found footage films, think that but times it by a thousand and throw in the fact that its real footage you're watching.

I have just seen police footage of a flying saucer appear over a house, while the officer cowers beneath it begging for back-ups, giving a blow by blow account of a family being beamed away. I have just seen a man levitate in a therapy session and speak in a language that was last used in 4000BC. I have just seen police footage of a man shooting his wife and child before turning the gun on himself.

How this stuff isn't all over the internet I'll never know - it must have been suppressed or something, because if anyone has a vague, passing interest in UFOs or alien abductions (which I have come to learn the FBI classify as 'a close encounter of the 4th kind') all the video evidence you'll ever need is right here.

And also, finally, how this film got a certificate 15 I'll never know. Someone seriously dropped the ball at the BBFC the day this was rated. This film is a must see - but just don't watch it alone and make sure you lock the doors... although in the end that won't help. Life for me won't ever be the same.

The Blu Ray itself was top quality and I really recommend buying this format over DVD, as you'll really want the Hi-Def to pause and paw over the real life footage - you'll want every single bit of extra clarity you can muster.

And finally a word of warning - if you have kids, don't let them watch this... they'll have nightmares for weeks. Seriously do not let them watch it. It will mess them up for life.

MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT - WARNING - IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE SAME KNEE TREMBLING FEAR I DID WHEN I WATCHED THIS FILM, STOP READING NOW!!! MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT - WARNING - IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE SAME KNEE TREMBLING FEAR I DID WHEN I WATCHED THIS FILM, STOP READING NOW!!! MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT - WARNING - IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE SAME KNEE TREMBLING FEAR I DID WHEN I WATCHED THIS FILM, STOP READING NOW!!! MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT - WARNING - IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE SAME KNEE TREMBLING FEAR I DID WHEN I WATCHED THIS FILM, STOP READING NOW!!! MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT - WARNING - IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE SAME KNEE TREMBLING FEAR I DID WHEN I WATCHED THIS FILM, STOP READING NOW!!! MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT - WARNING - IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE SAME KNEE TREMBLING FEAR I DID WHEN I WATCHED THIS FILM, STOP READING NOW!!! MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT - WARNING - IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE SAME KNEE TREMBLING FEAR I DID WHEN I WATCHED THIS FILM, STOP READING NOW!!! MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT - WARNING - IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE THE SAME KNEE TREMBLING FEAR I DID WHEN I WATCHED THIS FILM, STOP READING NOW!!!

Once I had calmed down, phoned a friend for reassurance (I seriously did), and changed into a new set of clean underwear I decided to do a little research on the internet to try and find out more about the Nome, Dr. Tyler and the strange events that took place in this film. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep that night so it came as a massive relief to find out that it was all nonsense. It wasn't based on truth at all - or at least as much as was made out. There was no Dr. Tyler and the strange disappearances that happened in Nome where put down to drunk locals and an extremely cold winter. The real footage wasn't real and all in all the film was a big fake; one I fell for it hook line and sinker. However, I'm not going to let that change my 5 star score because while I watched this film, I experienced sheer knee trembling fear like I'd never experienced before, and It was a brilliant cinematic experience.

[Add comment]