5.0 out of 5 stars This is my new best friend!, 29 Jan 2011
This review is from: BaByliss 2775U 50 mm Big Hair Rotating Styler (Personal Care)
I think I sort of invented this as I have been thinking for ages that it would be really fab if someone developed a hot air brush that rotated ... obviously my thought waves penetrated the R&D department at BaByliss, so I do feel a tad proprietorial towards this marvellous gadget. It is big, but it needs to be. I thought the bristles would be too soft, but actually, they do the job. I have snow white hair, now dyed dark red, which is very thick and gets frizzy - it dries in corkscrews if left. At present it's styled into a layered bob, just skimming my shoulders. After washing, conditioning and combing through my normal serum and a blob of blow dry cream, I used this brush from sopping wet, working by touch and only checking in the mirror when it was dry. I am absolutely delighted with the results, I really do feel as if I'd been to a salon for a professional blow dry, resulting in gleaming, glowing, smooth and swishable hair. (Tho at my age I find an excess of swishing leads to dizziness and spots in front of the eyes.)

Yes, it takes a bit of practice, for example, getting used to which button to press to rotate the barrel the right way. And if you pick up too broad a segment of hair you do risk getting the edge twisted by the end of the barrel and creating an interesting dreadlock effect, but those are easily teased out, and after the first couple of times that's not happened. I discovered that by slowly running the brush up from my hairline towards my crown, with the brush rotating "under", it creates an astounding amount of lift. It's also good at smoothing out dry hair first thing in the morning. All in all, highly recommended. The only improvement I can imagine would be to keep my stylist locked in my wardrobe, but apparently the authorities frown on that, plus I suspect that my kill joy husband would make his usual dreary objections.

April 2012 Edited to Add: After 13 months ... so just after the warranty ran out, natch .. my Big Hair Brush went pop and died. Deep depression reigned over Chez Potter for a couple of days til I could source a replacement, which - joy of joys - has a longer warranty, so I'm thinking that the boffin gnomes at Babyliss have worked further miracles. Just as good, and I'm just as delighted. My hair is now a lot shorter, and I am trying to embrace my inner silver fox via going blonde, in an attempt to emulate La Mirren, (I wish) but despite my hair being so much shorter, I still rely on my Big Brush to produce gleaming silken locks.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 Apr 2011 12:01:29 BDT
joy says:
interesting review. Quite funny. Nice to read a review from someone with a sense of humour!

Posted on 12 Apr 2011 22:27:25 BDT
K. Alembick says:
Love your comments at the end of both paragraphs, swishing leading to dizziness, and husband making his usual dreary objections. It's also a very good and helpful review - definitely something to put in my basket. Thank you! ;-)

Posted on 20 Sep 2011 19:40:49 BDT
You have a great sense of humour and made me laugh on an otherwise miserable day. I too have white hair and it gets lots of compliments so you might consider holding the dye bottle. Margaret.

Posted on 27 Oct 2011 09:07:49 BDT
Movant says:
bayliss 277su big hair styler
great review made me smile, not an easy task first thing in the morning.

Posted on 29 Apr 2012 09:16:47 BDT
Rose Tait says:
Polly Potter! I loved your review - very wry. Wish I could have seen your 'interesting dreadlock effect'

Posted on 26 Jul 2012 17:56:29 BDT
Thank you for making me laugh and convincing me to buy the product. So rare to read such a funny review, I just had to say thank you.

I did think about kidnapping hairdresser this morning but she said I should try this product..

Good luck embracing your inner silver fox, you must have your husband and friends in fits of giggles all the time, happy days.

Posted on 16 Dec 2012 21:18:48 GMT
rubyslipper says:
Thank you Polly Potter for the very witty review.. I think Babyliss should employ you on their marketing team. Thanks to your review I have made my mind up to purchase.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

4.4 out of 5 stars (938 customer reviews)

79.80