1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
Excellent but install correctly and handle very carefully.,
Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Canon Camera Focusing Screen Eg-s - Type S (super Precision Matte) For The Eos 5d Mk Ii (Accessory)
I ordered this for my Canon 6D to help me see depth of field better with my 50mm f1.2 and 24-70mm f2.8. The focusing screen makes a big difference and it is much easier to see exactly what is in focus and to check critical focus with this screen over the standard Eg-A II screen that is included with the 6D.
1. Quite easy to install (but see cons and installation tips)
2. Makes it easy to see depth of field and check focus
1. A little pricey in my opinion for a small piece of plastic... (In my opinion)
2. Installation can be fiddly and care needs to be taken not to drop or scratch the screen.
3. Makes the viewfinder noticeably darker for lenses with an aperture smaller than f/2.8.
1. Do it in a dust free environment - otherwise dust may appear in the viewfinder (but is actually on the screen) and it will drive you mad! If dust gets on the screen only blow the dust off
2. Screen marks/scratches very easily - I was gentle in fitting my first screen but my hand slipped whilst closing the latch and I scratched/marked the underside of the screen.
3. Make sure you fit the screen in the tray correctly and that it sits properly - otherwise what you see in the viewfinder will be off focus, even when auto focus and the final image are both correct - I learned this the hard way but had Canon correct this for me.