45 of 46 people found the following review helpful
NOT JUST FOR KIDS!,
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Animal Crossing has been my Number 1 game since it's release and I am in my 30s! On the face of it, AC is a game that can be enjoyed by young gamers, but it can also appeal to much older gamers too despite it's cutsey look and feel.
Here's why you might enjoy AC if you're an older gamer:
1) DO A JOB YOU REALLY ENJOY: After a long and boring day at work, it's great to immerse yourself in a completely different world where work is actually pleasurable. You get to choose exactly how you want to live in AC, so if you want to go fruit picking one day, fishing the next, bribing gifts from the locals, digging up fossils, catching bugs or just lounge in the sun getting a tan ... it's your world and you can live it how you want to.
2) NO HASSLE TO PAY YOUR MORTGAGE: Take as long as you like to pay your mortgage or never pay it at all. There's no threatening letters or debt collectors at your door. You simply can't upgrade your house until you pay it off - so if you're happy in a 1 bedroom house, just don't bother to pay it!
3) EVERY DAY IS A SURPRISE: you just never know what you're going to get in AC. There's a ton of surprise visitors to keep you entertained, special days and events to keep you amused, new items to collect (keep your eyes open and look everywhere from the ground up to the sky) and neighbours who move in - and move out!
4) YOU CAN CHOOSE YOUR NEIGHBOURS: well pretty much! Don't like a neighbour, too grumpy, too demanding, too irritatingly happy? Just stop speaking to them, that's it, totally ignore them and pretty soon they'll be gone - bet you wish that could happen in real life! Love your neighbours? Keep them from moving by chatting with them, waving to them and showering them with letters and gifts - and the good part is they love to send you gifts back too.
5) BECOME A DESIGNER: change your furnishings or even your garden every day if you like. Always fancied an ultra modern room, something regal, a playroom, a music room, a boxing ring!!! In AC it's so easy to become a designer and have things just as you like. Be the next Ann Maurice or Lawrence Llewelyn-Bowen.
6) TIME TRAVEL FOR REAL: we'll probably never get to experience what time travel is like, but in AC you can time travel as much or as little as you like. Wanna see what your town looks like weeks, months, years ahead? Easy, just pick up the phone. Just be prepared for some radical changes - who said time travel was all good!
Animal Crossing is basically what you make of it, you'll never die (at worst you get stung by bees or trip over) you can play as much or as little as you like and it's great fun!
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Sep 2011 04:02:44 BDT
I agree - I actually think this game is best played by adults. Children aren't as good at looking after turnips, plants and other things that you can do in the game that rely on knowlegde of the stock market! XD
‹ Previous 1 Next ›