ARRAY(0xaa481ce4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pen Review, 11 Oct 2010
This review is from: Livescribe 8 GB Echo Smartpen (Office Product)
I am a Mathematics student at university and I bought this pen because it seemed like it would be helpful

The good:
I bought it with the 3d recording headset which works perfectly with recording lectures from a couple of rows behind the first row. I mean seriously perfect!

The battery is also very satisfactory as I have days when I have at most 4 hours of lectures and it lasts about 7-8 hours of recording audio and writing on a daily use basis.

Each hour of lectures is at most 25Mb of data on high quality so the 8gb pen will last for ages until I need to archive the pencasts, you do the Maths.

Uploading it to the pc cannot be any simpler, you just plug it in to the usb port and it does it automatically.

The bad:

You need to have big clear handwriting in order to avoid it writing jubberish since if you write too quickly and small letters it gets confused and it seems to write just squiggly lines (this issue has been resolved following advise from customer care which is also the reason im changing it to 5 stars as I have no problem what so ever with it now). So I had to adopt to a new writing style in order to help it recognise what I am writing.

Other than that I did not find another downside to it. Oh and the ink, as I have seen a few reviews complaining about that, I have written in total 54 A4 pages and still going until now in the same ink as it came with so you be the judge.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in

Comments

Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Oct 2010 18:53:34 BDT
Brian says:
Hi Marinos,

This article should help with avoiding squiggly lines after transferring your notes to Livescribe Desktop:

Thank you.

Brian
Livescribe Customer Support

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Nov 2010 14:51:53 GMT
Thank you Brian I have followed the link and also updated the software and have no issues what so ever any more. I also appreciate the responce. Great service thanks a lot.

Posted on 23 Dec 2010 21:38:17 GMT
S Edwards says:
Your review is good, but I would say 'you be the judge' rather defeats the object of us reading a review. How much of the ink have you used, and did you find it annoying that it didn't come with A4 paper from the box?

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Dec 2010 13:20:38 GMT
Okay, but you're still going to be the judge no matter what. Now that I have had it for longer I can provide more details. The way I look at it its great, and new ink is cheap anyway, I spent like 230+ for everything so another 5 for the ink is nothing to stumble on. I only bought 1 set of ink cartridges and used one of the two blacks that came with the pen and 2 blue ones (so used 3 in total), so I still have 1 black and 2 blues left, plus what's left in the pen from the third one as it has not ran out yet. After checking on the software, I have written 256 pages with at most 3 ink cartridges so you be the judge if you think its enough for you. I judge for me that it is more than enough. Moreover I am more than satisfied with the pen itself to worry about spending an extra 5 or 10 pounds every year for ink.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item

3.8 out of 5 stars (75 customer reviews)

Out of stock